Baby, You're a Firework!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Well, now that a week has passed...how was your Fourth of July?  I hope you enjoyed the beautiful temperatures, soaked in a little of the Mississippi rain, and enjoyed family and/or friends at some point during the weekend.  We spent our Fourth in our hometown.  Millie Janalee spent her first Fourth of July surrounded by - what she loves best - lots of attention from loved ones!


This girl!  This girl, who a year ago was in my heart and kept me up at night as we waited for her birthmother to go into labor, is such a ham!  And add that to this celebration getup from Susu, I can't help but think of Katie Perry's "Baby, You're a Firework!"


'Cause baby, you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth  
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh  
As you shoot across the sky


Baby, you're a firework  
Come on, let your colors burst  
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh  
You're gonna leave 'em falling down



Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed  
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road  
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow  
And when it's time, you'll know


Yes, this girl is a firework!  She's a burst of energy with a loud voice.  She brightens up the darkest sky!  She is bursting with personality!  And, yes, I believe she's the reason so many doors closed.  So, we could open the one that took us to the perfect road.  When it was time, we knew.  And, OH, how our hearts burst...like a lightning bolt!


'Cause she's our little firework!


Happy Fourth of July from this Party of Three!
post signature

1 comment:

Anna said...

Loved this. I had heard the first lines of the song but I didn't know all the words. Liked this part the best: "And, yes, I believe she's the reason so many doors closed. So, we could open the one that took us to the perfect road. When it was time, we knew. And, OH, how our hearts burst...like a lightning bolt!"