Gettin' Ready...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Believe it or not, it's almost time for the big day. Kristin and Lee's wedding is right around the corner now...about three weeks if I'm correct. My parents' house has been a huge wedding super center over the past year and a half. Constant projects. Millions of boxes and gifts and favors and happies and baskets and...well, you get the idea. I know now that every time I go home, it is consumed with last minute wedding things. Especially now that Kristin lives in Jackson and is only home on the weekends.

This weekend, K.K. Hill came to town. This probably doesn't mean much to you, but OH how you are missing out!! K.K. is a family friend our family met years ago through the Bennett family. He is a phenomenal florist, event planner, and anything else you need.

K.K. and Mama plan while Maw Maw listens.

To give you an idea of how good he is...Mary Kay (yes, the cosmetic lady) used to fly him to Dallas to decorate her home for Christmas. I'll just consider him famous. Ha! Anyway, K.K. did the flowers for the grand hall at my reception, and he is in charge of Kristin's reception. It is sure to be wonderful!

Kristin, K.K., and me

Among all his talents, lies a hilarious attitude and personality! Oh my goodness, how we laughed at him! I LOVED taking him out to eat in our small town just to see people's expressions as he talked about different things. Hilarious! For example, when he saw Dustin this weekend, he shouted, "OH MY GOODNESS! Last time I saw you...you could stand sideways, stick your tongue out, and look like a zipper!" I mean, seriously. Could you come up with anything like that!? Maw Maw was trying to help with the wedding plans by telling K.K. that she had some solar lights he could use out by the fence. Ha! K.K. quickly told her, "NO HONEY!" Maw Maw informed him that hers weren't regular solar lights. Hers light up in various colors and alternate colors. He immediately yelled out, "Well, DISCO INFERNO!" The rest of the weekend, K.K. had Maw Maw going. He told her she was addicted and to calm down. "Calm down, Honey. I think I have some lights with holes in 'em. We can just use them as earrings!" Oh my, how funny!

In all seriousness, we had a splendid time visiting with K.K. and planning the reception for Kristin and Lee. We took him to eat supper at Russell's, a delicious down home steak house, and he came over Sunday for a Mother's Day lunch. We all had a ball!

Thank you so much, K.K., for all you have done and continue to do! I can't wait to see what you come up with in June!

No comments: