A Graduation Weekend

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This weekend, the Johnson family celebrated the end of another school year. Although there is still a little work left to complete, these children are so excited about the end of this year. As most of you know, almost all of Russ's side of the family homeschools. Each year, there is a kindergarten, eighth grade, and senior graduation ceremony. This year, our family had a kindergarten and senior graduation. Russ had to work all weekend, so I went to represent. And, I'm so glad I did! Graduations are a very big deal in my family, and we never miss one! It is the one time that all the extended family comes from near and FAR to celebrate (and weddings, of course!) . I wouldn't have missed these for the world!

Friday night, Leah graduated from kindergarten. She was so cute in her blue cap and gown. The children all came in together, recited Proverbs 9:10, and sang "This Little Light of Mine" with motions. It was precious! There is NOTHING sweeter than young children singing together! I loved it! Finally, each kindergartener received his/her diploma. They were all so excited!

Leah's drawing of us together...notice that she drew her cap and gown?

Leah came back to sit with the family for the rest of the ceremony. She and I enjoyed drawing pictures and looking at her diploma. She was so proud.

Aunt Megan and Leah

Saturday night, Will graduated from high school. The Corinth ceremony was similar to Tupelo's ceremony. All the kindergarteners came up to get their diplomas. Then eighth graders and seniors. One thing I loved about these ceremonies was how the parents were able to present their children with their diplomas. Very sweet! Grace went onstage with Jenny and Jeff to present Will's diploma. She adores her big brothers!

I was also pleasantly surprised to see a couple more graduates that I knew. Russ's cousin, Leanna, had a son graduate from kindergarten.

Joey

Our minister of music from our home church also had a graduate! She was so excited to see Daddy.

Brianna and Daddy

Will gave the closing "Thank You," and we all headed to the reception following.

Will closing the ceremony with "Thank Yous."

Elle, me, Russ's mom, and Will

I'm so glad I was able to be at both of these special graduations! Russ is so sorry he missed it, but I hope these pictures will make him feel like he was there. Congratulations Leah and Will! We love ya'll!

1 comment:

Roan said...

Thank you so much for coming! We enjoyed sharing our special day with you. Leah is still loving the flowers!