Not Me Monday

Monday, May 3, 2010


It's Monday?! Already?! Where did my weekend go?! I definitely feel like I did NOT have a weekend! There are so many things that we did NOT do...so we should have had some down time, right?
Let's see...

Friday night, I did NOT attend our school's Spring Bling Fashion Show after a long week of being around these lovely children. Nah. If I had attended, I would NOT have made Russ sit on the very first row all alone so that he could get good pictures. Who would ask that of their hubby? NOT me!

Since we did NOT go to this fashion show, we certainly did NOT see this 1980's comeback modeled by a former student strut down the walkway. Am I old enough to recognize a comeback? Absolutely NOT!

And, of course, I do NOT love these kids to death! I do not constantly hug, tease, and laugh at them. Nope! NOT this teacher.

I did NOT enjoy myself thoroughly! No! I never enjoy coming to watch these kids show off their personalities. And I do NOT enjoy taking their pictures over and over and over again!

My parents did NOT drive four hours just to come watch this fashion show. I do NOT still ask, and sometimes expect, my parents to come watch "my events" just like they did when we were at school. My mom has NEVER told me, "You know I'm there every time you poop!" Nope! Not my family! And, after the show....if they had come, that is....they did NOT drive two hours to Starkville the next morning to load a moving truck only to return that same day to move my sister into her new apartment. My family never runs the road like that!

Seeing as how my parents did NOT drive to Jackson, to Starkville, and back...there really is no need to even consider the idea that they moved Kristin and Lee into their apartment in the POURING RAIN! Nope. There is NOT a dark cloud that covers any member of the Coon family (that would be my mom's side), and Kristin did NOT inherit that cloud gene. They certainly did NOT arrive before the rain to find the security guard, who held the apartment key, gone to the donut shop. Rent-a-cops certainly don't fall into the cliche of eating donuts on the job! And, I did NOT arrive to this chaos and begin singing and dancing in the rain! I care much too much about my hair to do such a thing as that.

After moving into the cute apartment, we did NOT load up complete with our sweaty, rainy, and tired bodies and head to Stix for a wonderful hibachi meal. Lee's dad certainly did NOT suggest that we get there before dinner time because of our "cuteness." We always care about our looks and smells around here!

After hibachi, we did NOT all load up and make stops at two Lowe's before finding the three rugs Kristin liked. At the second stop, Mama and I did NOT stop a guy wearing a Jim Hill t-shirt to tell him that Mama graduated from there. He did NOT inform us that he was the head football coach, and it certainly didn't make Mama's day seeing as how she was once the mascot! Ha! This head football coach would NEVER leave and come back into the building to give Mama a complimentary t-shirt. That's it. It ended there for sure. Because my dear mother would NEVER begin singing the Jim Hill High alma mater for this man leading him to join in. And, of course...I would NEVER ask this perfect stranger to pose for a photo op. I'm always taking pictures sparingly!

During all the chaos and activities of the day, we did NOT all 7 sit in a little apartment and watch as Kristin and Lee put finishing touches around the room. We didn't follow any instructions or each have our own "list" to complete.

And the next afternoon we NEVER think about food. I mean, really. Can't you tell from reading this blog that we do NOT eat out. Ever. So, we did NOT take our sleepy selves down to Cracker Barrel for a delicious breakfast/lunch combo! It was NOT yummy! Not. At. All.



Like I said...I did NOT feel like I had a weekend. It was NOT so busy that my two days off flew by.

Not me!

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Thanks for all your help...both of you!

Anonymous said...

Fun weekend!
Were you at Newk's today (Tuesday?)
I thought I saw you but I didn't want to stare...