As you can see, she was a moving target for the traditional group pictures on the front steps. Ha!
Once again, Russ had to work and missed another fun event. We missed him so. As soon as Millie Janalee and I walked up to the front yard she started pointing and saying, "Ess" (eggs). But when the hunt actually started, she was much more interested in running around like the big kids. Ha! I tried to coach her toward at least one egg, but if you're not fast...you lose it around this group. We settled for roaming the property and taking pictures. It was a beautiful day for a hunt!
Thankfully, Uncle Jimmy walked up with a special Easter egg for Millie Janalee. She found one! Ha! She carried that egg around with her until we got back to the front porch, where it was placed safely in her huge basket.
Everyone brought a snack to share, and we enjoyed a light pre-lunch snack after the egg hunt. Millie Janalee was on the go, so I didn't really get much of a chance to visit with everyone. But we had our own kind of fun in the back yard. I have learned to just let her play in the dirt...cute clothes and all! That's what the washing machine is for! Millie Janalee loved playing in the sandbox - especially when her big cousin, Grace, joined her!
I love this big family! She is never at a loss for a playmate. Ever. Unless she puts herself in timeout I suppose...
The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with the boys. Digging in the dirty dog bowl and pouring sand all over herself. Hunter is one of her little cousins (second cousin actually), and she loved to see what he was up to at all times. Hunter was unenthused about it. Ha!
After spending a delightful morning outdoors and soaking in the gorgeous weather, Millie Janalee napped the entire car ride back to town where we met up with my family for lunch. And what did you expect us to do when she woke up? She played outside with Pawpaw and Brodie of course!
Millie Janalee loves to swing at Pawpaw and Susu's house. And she really loves watching Brodie race across the back yard. Just the force of that dog's tail could knock us all on our feet, but she dares to risk it. She tried her hand at throwing the frisbee, but apparently Brodie isn't all that into it unless it goes further than the two feet she was throwing it. Bless her!
We missed Farley. We boarded him since he's an inside dog so that my sister's eyelids wouldn't turn inside out at Easter. So Millie Janalee had complete focus on her favorite puppy cousin. And Brodie seems to like her too.
A perfect beginning to our Easter weekend! Slowly but surely I'm getting all our events and activities covered. I have to remember that this blog is first and foremost for my family...a journal of our memories. So I'm trying not to skip the details of our special weekend.










No comments:
Post a Comment