Lil Baby Yaya Birthday

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mother's Day weekend brought another round of festivities for my little family.  Saturday afternoon, one of our 'Lil Baby Yayas had her first birthday party!  Rayne was the second 'Lil Baby Yaya to be initiated into the Yaya Sisterhood.  Yaya TT (that's what Millie Janalee calls her) is Rayne's grandmother.  It's quite an honor to be initiated into the secret society.  Ha!

Yaya TT, Rayne, and Millie Janalee
Marci planned an adorable county fair themed party for Rayne.  It was held on a piece of land with a little country house, hay, beautiful flowers, and precious detailed touches.  Marci set up several "kid friendly zones" around to keep the little ones busy.  The most popular was this cute bucket filled with water and little rubber duckies.  Millie Janalee was one of the older ones around this cute setup and supervised.  I'm not sure she ever actually got wet...unless it was from the other children splashing.  She was being a little shy when we first arrived.  I was very surprised she wasn't all in the water bucket!

Rayne, Martha, and Millie Janalee
The ring toss was very creative out in the field too.  Millie Janalee mainly enjoyed playing with the rings.
The guests enjoyed sweet tea, water, and other beverages with their hotdog or hamburger.  And homemade fried apple pies!  Just what you would expect at a county fair.  I hate I didn't get better pictures of the setup, because I know many of your reading would love to see it and snag a few ideas yourself.

I'm so used to chasing Millie Janalee around and making her hold my hand against her will or trying to hold her while she is wiggling to get down and "wall", so it was so nice to be able to just let her run free on this isolated grassy area.  The only thing I needed to keep an eye on was making sure she didn't take anyone else's food or sippy cup.



To be completely honest...I can't even lie...I shamelessly took Millie Janalee on a walk behind the house to the beautiful field of yellow flowers for a photo shoot.  When we finished, I asked my mom if she thought anyone saw us.  We laughed.  Because I was actually a little embarrassed.  But I couldn't help myself!  You'll see why...





I hope Marci and Landon got some pics of Rayne out there, because it was perfect!  We watched them open a few gifts while Millie Janalee ate her Cheerios off the ground.  Yep.  I'm that mom that lets her child eat off the ground.  Sometimes you just choose your battles and help them build their immunity.  Millie Janalee left with two fun party favors that she picked out herself.  We actually ended up having to hide the bubbles, because she begs to blow bubbles every time she sees them!  And she and Farley have a grand time with her new ball.  I think it's safe to say she had a great time!


Happy First Birthday 'Lil Baby Yaya Rayne!
post signature

No comments: