Easter 2014

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Easter morning, I went to wake up Millie Janalee from her crib at my parents' house.  She was sitting in her bed bright-eyed and exclaimed, "Hey Ma!" (Yes, she calls me Ma.  I guess all those bonnets have her thinking we are Little House on the Prairie.)  I was so happy to tell her "Happy Easter" and take her downstairs to see her happies from the Easter bunny.  Easter is not at all about the bunny and baskets, but it is so fun to make these fun memories with my daughter in addition to teaching her the real meaning of Easter.


She was so happy to see her goodies.  I'm sure the hairbows made her squeal (or roll her eyes).  She went straight for the sippy cup and began being a "little mommy".  I love watching her take care of her "bebbies!"  Then, of course, she took each book out one by one and sat on the floor flipping through each page.  It took some coaxing to move her along so we wouldn't be late for church.  Ha!



She found a special surprise in the corner.  Susu and Pawpaw's Easter bunny came too!  There were some fun and sweet happies in that basket.  I immediately spied her Beaufort Bonnet bag, of course!  Happy Easter to Mama!  But the first thing Millie Janalee saw...was snacks.



Hidden under the snacks and goodies was a precious card that I will always hold dear.  When Mama and I were cleaning out Nonnie and Pops's house a few years back, we found a card with a note attached that Nonnie had written.  "Great granddaughter card - if we live so long"  How priceless for Millie Janalee to have a special card handwritten from her Nonnie.  Nonnie would have loved Millie Janalee, and Millie Janalee would have loved Nonnie!  Oh that I could visit with her one more time!  This card went straight into Millie Janalee's keepsake box when we got home.



The Easter bunny hid special treats inside the Easter eggs, and it didn't take long for her to find them!  "Fish" snacks!  Millie Janalee sat there stuffing those goldfish in her mouth as fast as she could.  A very healthy breakfast I know.



My mom left before we did for Sunday school, but she left a table set beautifully for our family.  As always.  Easter is the one time of the year that she pulls out the fine China.  She was even able to complete some of her crystal pattern for us to use this year.  Thanks to eBay!  I am thankful for the time and effort she puts into this family meal every year.  It is important to her, and we love it.  A special time for the whole family to gather around the dining room table set just for us.  Eating delicious homemade food.  And usually laughing til our sides hurt.

Beautiful tablescape
Even Millie Janalee had her own Lenox place setting (and friends)
My mom prepping the food after church
Russ worked until time for us to leave for church Sunday morning, so he rolled up in time to snap a few pictures before Millie Janalee and I left for Easter service.  We missed him, as we always do, but we are so grateful for his hard work to support our little family and take care of patients.

In her Easter bonnet
I love being this girl's mama!
After church, the family always gathers for a family picture.  Russ brought all his photography equipment, brushed down his bedhead, slipped on some church clothes, and captured my wonderful family.  Even baby Hughes is there...in his mommy's tummy.  Amazing how life can change so quickly.  We need an updated photo now.

My family
Oh, how thankful I am that Sunday came!  Jesus rose so that we may have life forever with Him.  No matter what troubles or fears or anxieties we have about our future...because He lives, we can face tomorrow!  These truths should be celebrated every day. 


Thank you, God, for sending your only Son to die for us so that we may live forever together in Your presence.  Praising You and singing, "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus" and "Holy, Holy, Holy" and so much more!  Praising You forevermore.
post signature

No comments: