Millie Janalee can knock her first graduation off her bucket list now. I came prepared with lots of snacks, a few books, a lovey, her paci, juice, and more. Of course there was also her Susu, Pawpaw, and She She to keep her company too. We arrived about an hour or more before the ceremony to ensure we had good seats. If you know my family, you don't even have to think about it to predict who saved our seats first. Ha! Mama has that gift.
Once the ceremony began, Millie Janalee was arching her neck and reaching over Pawpaw so she could see who was talking and all the graduates coming in. She watched them all march in...like such a big girl.
We eventually spotted "Buck", and followed him around the floor to his seat. Once all the graduates were seated, we listened to the key note speaker, and then the diplomas were presented. The key note speech is when I broke out the Cheez-its! Ha! Millie Janalee is really such a good sport!
| Dustin walking to his seat |
| Dustin walking on stage to receive his diploma |
| Dustin's class |
| Ummm...no diplomas |
![]() |
| Great friends |
![]() |
| Sheila and Dustin |
![]() |
| Daddy, Mama, and Dustin |
| Me, Millie Janalee, and Uncie "Buck" |
Now as a mother, I look at people in a different way. I look at them to see how their life will affect Millie Janalee's. And I've gotta say that I couldn't be prouder of the man he's grown up to be. I'm proud to have someone so incredibly fun, affectionate, compassionate, deep-thinking, honest, and loyal for her to look up to. I think she will always find that Uncie "Buck" is way more fun that I am.
But isn't that the way it's supposed to be??
We ended our day with supper at Mount Fuji hibachi grill. They even brought out the cake with a candle and the gong to help us celebrate!
Congratulations Dustin! We love you and are so proud!








No comments:
Post a Comment