Just As Great the Second Time!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Last year for Christmas, Kristin and Lee got Brad Paisley tickets for Christmas. At that time, Rodney Atkins and Chuck Wicks opened for him. Russ wasn't able to go, so Dustin and I went as a couple. A limo to Memphis was also part of the deal! It was GREAT! Well, this year for Christmas, Kristin and Lee got tickets again. Except this time Darrius Rucker and Dierks Bentley opened for Brad Paisley. And, this time, Russ could go!! Yay!

The concert was in Southaven, and I didn't take off work to go. That means, I used an "Early Leave Pass" and quickly changed to get ready to leave. Russ, as most of you know, is off this month. Yes, I've been jealous! Anyway, we were gone by 4 (maybe earlier...I don't remember). We arrived in Southaven around 6:15 or so. The concert was at 7:30 so we met Kristin and Lee for supper at Chili's. So good! We ran out of the restaurant in a hurry to get to see Darrius Rucker at 7:30 - this was Kristin's main event this time. We got in 3 mile stand-still traffic until my brave hubby and brother-in-law-to-be passed in the left lane 2 miles of traffic! Thanks guys! We came barrelling into the Desoto Civic Center as the police at the door say, "Don't hurt anyone!" We got there just in time.

And did I mention, it was just as GREAT the second time around!

Russ and me before the concert started

Darrius Rucker - and he did sing one of his famous Hootie and the Blowfish songs! It was awesome!

Dierks Bentley - I was the dork who noticed and loved the backdrop!

We had great seats!

Brad Paisley with one of his band members

Perfect country singer stance

So GREAT!

Kristin and me after the concert

The guys had a great time too! Russ was in heaven mesmerized by all the guitar solos.

As we were leaving, we spotted the Paisley Party Tour buses!

Okay, so the concert was over at midnight!!! That's right...midnight! By the time we got out of the parking lot, traffic, and got gas, it was 12:30 or after by the time we left. Yep, we got home to our cozy, warm beds (Did I mention that it was 19 degrees!?) at 3:00 AM! Let me just help you understand. My alarm went off this morning at 5:30! I got approximately 2 and a half hours of sleep!

But it was well worth it! Thanks so much Kristin and Lee for sharing your Christmas present! We had a blast!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Girl you are crazy! I am sure you are all warm and cozy resting now!
ahhh... the good ole days!

The Robbins said...

You'll be sleeping in for a while tomorrow...I'll be doing that Monday...On Sunday I will be working from noon until 3 am! Yikes!

Roan said...

How is the world did you make it today?
Glad yall had fun!