Mississippi Blues Half Marathon

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This weekend Russ's brother and his family came to visit. Jimmy ran in the Mississippi Blues Half Marathon and did a wonderful job! But, get this! The half marathon was only his TRAINING for the full marathon in Nashville in April! I know...it's depressing! Even more - Olivia is running in Nashville too! Watching all those runners coming into the finish line made me feel the need to jog somewhere. Take note that I only run when it's raining...and that is to my car! Ha! I'm going to do better though! I most definitely need to lose a few pounds that have crept up over a pretty stressful year in the Johnson household.

The night before the race Jimmy and Roan took us to eat at Broad Street and then Russ, me, Roan, Olivia, Julie, and Leah played a little Singstar! Jimmy and Roan gave us Singstar Country for Christmas. So, we broke it out! We had SO much fun!

Russ is TRYING to keep up with Roan. I don't think he was successful!

Olivia trying to help Leah with "Red High Heels".

Julie and Roan battle it out! Roan looks like she is into the song, doesn't she?! Actually, I think she was trying to act as a barricade for Sam.

We woke very early the next morning. It prepared me for my week back at school, I suppose. The big kids and Roan and I got ready by 7. Roan and I grabbed Leah and Sam...and just placed them in the car. We dressed them in the parking lot. I have no idea how she does it - gets five kids and herself ready each day! We drove in about 30 minutes after the race started. We drove on the race route and were able to see all the runners making their way down the street. There were so many!

Leah still thinks it's too early to be out in the world!

Run, Jimmy, run!
The route was very hilly! Jimmy finished in 1:48. That's amazing to me!

The Johnson Family at the Mississippi Blues Half/Full Marathon

1 comment:

Roan said...

Great minds think alike! I just posted my weekend at the Johnson Hotel post, and I see you did the same! We had so much fun! See you soon!