Elvis Presley 5K

Sunday, June 7, 2009


Because we have not been busy enough, Russ and I topped off our week with a 5K in Tupelo before heading back to Home Sweet Home! We ran the Elvis Presley 5K. We actually left the Memphis airport and spent the night with Russ's parents in Corinth. We ate dinner there, and we woke up around 5:30 the next morning to get ready and leave for the race. Season was running too, and we had decided to try and stay together. So, I met up with her to warm up before the race. Russ ran to warm up! Whatever! I was not about to waste perfectly good energy! Ha ha!

We both did very well! Russ won 3rd in his age division, and I ran my best time so far. Now, remember that I am only run/walking. I have now worked up to a running 3 min. and walking 1 min. pattern. I'm still doing my Spanx breathing, but I'm working through it. Russ's final time was 25:02 and mine was 37:14 I think. I don't know the official results yet. Season and I beat our last race time by more than 5 minutes!

Season and me coming across the finish line. Notice the shape of our mouths as we struggle for our next breath!

Running with the King

Russ and his dad

Some may call this "pimpin'!" Ha!

Russ and I had a great time at the race! I was very excited to meet a few blogger friends as well! Our next race is this Saturday, and I'm still trying to talk my cousin into running with me. It's so much more fun running with someone. I'm very sure Russ will be out of sight within 30 seconds!
post signature

4 comments:

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

It was great to meet you, finally! Where are y'all racing on Saturday?

Anonymous said...

Congrats...Your time is great!! I don't know when I'll get to do another 5K hopefully soon enough. Packing and bank stuff has consumed most of my time right now-!

Lynn said...

congratulation on your time! i can't believe you all ran after your week long trip! love the picture with elvis! i wanted to do that, but he had already changed before i got over to him! enjoy your day!! :)