G.I. Associates 5K

Saturday, June 13, 2009


Russ, me, and my cousin ran the G.I. Associates 5K EARLY this morning! It was a huge event - the largest foot race in the state. There were three races this morning: the 5K, a half marathon, and a kid's Fun Run. There were 1200 runners in the half marathon and over 450 in the 5K. So, as you can imagine, there were people everywhere! Lots of tiny cute girls with serious runner faces, and then there was me. Ha ha! I talked my cousin, Clancy, into running early this week. This was her first 5K, and she kicked my boo-tay! She did great! We decided to sign up for more and we made some serious goals! I won't tell you what they are, because I don't want to be held accountable if I chicken out! Ha!

Clancy and I started out with my run 3 minutes, walk 1 minute pattern. A little over halfway, I started feeling sick and had to slow down. (Yeah, I know! Excuses, excuses!) So, I told Clancy to keep running. And she did! She ran the entire last half of the race! Go girl! Clancy finished in 37:28. I finished with a whopping 39:12...totally disappointed, but just glad to not throw up on the course! Ha! Russ, of course, finished at 25:24 landing him third place in his age division!! Way to go Russ! He was also 33rd overall - out of over 450 runners! Man, he makes me look bad, doesn't he!?

Run, Clancy, Run!

Me struggling to the finish line.

Great first 5K, Clancy!

We hung around a few hours after our race ended to watch the half marathon finishers. We were totally inspired! But, I'm still not going to tell you our goals we set! Ha! By the time we left, we were a bit delirious from our lack of sleep and early race.

Russ never gets an action shot because no one finishes before him! We staged one.

Cousins

The last thing Clancy said was, "Now, if we could just get Kristin to run..." I've tried. But, maybe she's changed her mind. What do you think Kristin?
post signature

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Whoo Hoo Megan! So proud for you! Looks like it was a really fun race! Soooooooo..... are we going to be seeing you at the 1/2 in December?!!

Roan said...

Is your goal St. Jude???
Congrats to all 3 of you!

Em said...

Yay, Megan!!! Great job! Yep, we'll see ya in December!

Kristin and Lee said...

negatory...