After several days in the "wilderness," as Roan calls it...we spent the next couple of days in the city. Roan had graciously bought us all tickets to tour Alcatraz on Wednesday. It was extremely interesting. We rode a ferry over to the island and took an audio self-guided tour through Alcatraz. I learned so much! I must admit that prior to going to San Francisco, I asked Russ to explain Alcatraz so I wouldn't look completely ignorant! Ha ha! Now, I know more than I ever thought I would. The kids really enjoyed it too! They were able to walk into jail cells and take pictures. I asked if any of them wanted to stay there, but no one was interested.

Russ and I right as we got on the island

Russ and I outside the penitentiary

Alcatraz as we left on the ferry
We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the city of San Francisco. We started at Pier 39 for lunch and to see the seals.

Then, one of the children felt under the weather...so Russ and I took Julie and Clay for the afternoon while the rest of the Johnsons headed back to the hotel for a rest. We had a great time! We tried on "Krazy Kaps," rode the trolley, and shopped in Chinatown.

Clay, Julie, and me in our Krazy Kaps

Russ joined in too! He says that he didn't mean to make a face like that!

I just thought this "kap" was too cute!

Julie and Clay on the trolley

Julie, Clay, and me in Chinatown
After our afternoon in town, we ate at Boudin's while we waited on Jimmy to pick us up to meet Olivia, Roan, Leah, and Sam in Chinatown. They had finished with their rest and were ready to join the fun.

Me and Russ with homemade sourdough bread in the shape of an alligator
We still had time to spare, so we drove over to see the Painted Ladies...otherwise known as the Full House houses! I was super-excited!

Don't we just look like we belong on Full House?!
Once we were all back together, Jimmy drove us up to Twin Peaks for a superb view of the city!

What a great day in the city!
No comments:
Post a Comment