San Fran Day 3

Saturday, June 6, 2009

So Day 3 of San Francisco was filled with fun activities.  One of the fun things we did was tour the Jelly Belly Factory.  The Johnson kids absolutely love Jelly Bellies, and I must admit that I do too!

Before taking our tour.  All visitors must wear these hats or else you will be stuck wearing a hairnet!

Jelly beans hung from the ceiling.  There were also portraits of celebrities and presidents made from Jelly Bellies.

Jelly Belly gift shop

After our tour, we headed to the Jelly Belly Cafe where all our food was shaped like jelly beans!

I ordered pizza, of course!

Even the burgers were jelly bean shaped!

After such a fun morning, it was time for Muir Woods!  I was amazed at the size of the trees!  We walked through the park and took lots of pictures.  However, you really need people in the pictures to truly see how massive these trees are.

The group at the Muir Woods entrance

Julie and me across the ravine between two Redwoods

Just to show you how big the trunk is

Russ is probably finding a photo opportunity. Ha ha!

Once the redwood experience was over, we went straight to Mount Tamalpais.  We hiked our way to the top of that mountain.  I just had to tell Roan I could not be responsible for any children going over the edge!  I was a nervous wreck!  She just laughed and headed up the rocky climb!  The kids did great, and they loved every minute of it!  The view from the top was incredible!

Taking a rest along the hike

Jimmy and Russ "on top of the world!"

Me and Russ...the only picture where I wasn't hanging on for dear life!

Have I told you lately that I'm scared of heights!?  Ha ha!  Great day enjoying God's incredibly amazing creation!!

post signature

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Random comment of the day: Where does Farley stay when you go on vacation? I am looking for a kennel in Brandon. Thanks!