I loved it because I had one of those moments. You know the kind. A moment in my car when I felt like God was holding me. I love those moments! While driving over the Reservoir today, I was reminded that God has been there. He knows the pain. He's been there. He knows it's hard. He keeps telling us to not be afraid. If I would just call out His name, He'll come running to me! I just need to hold on. When I feel like the current is pulling me under, I can just hold out my hand and hold on. He will be fighting for me until the storm is over. He gives us hope and faith. When it's dark, He lights the way. He is here by my side until I'm tall again. I just have to hold on! My favorite part of this, besides the obvious fact that He is holding on to me, is that He will be fighting until this storm is over and until I'm tall again. It WILL be over and I will feel tall again. Just hold on!
Sunday, our pastor made a statement that I loved. There is so much busyness this time of year. Much chaos and even some disappointment. We get so busy doing things that we sometimes neglect or forget that He is holding us, and we begin to go under. Chip pointed out that we simply just need to REST! Christianity is not about "DO." Christianity is about "DONE." REST in the assurance of what Christ has DONE for us!
REST in His arms and just "Hold On." Listen to the song and see how it speaks to you.
Now this is only part of the story. As I was listening to this song, I was turning a curve when I saw it. A beautiful rainbow. So, I did what any normal person driving on a two-lane road near a lake would do. I took a picture through my windshield. It's like a visual reminder that this storm WILL be OVER! Just hold on! He will make this storm into something beautiful.
...and then I looked up.
So, I'm holding on! What a day!
5 comments:
I love you! Daddy
That post was inspiration! Those pictures are awesome. Keep on hanging on Megan. Your storm will pass and you will hold a rainbow!
Loved this post! How awesome was that...rounding the bend and seeing God's beauty! Praying for you! :)
You make me so happy! I love you.
-Russ
You guys are still in our prayers! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment