Russ also spent his afternoon taking my grandfather to the doctor today. Isn't he the just the best husband ever!? By the time he came home, he had been to the grocery store and said he was going to "whip up something" for dinner. Who am I to argue with that?! I laid on the couch and took a little nap after an exhausting first week back at work while he slaved away in the kitchen. I woke up to a wonderful aroma...spices I think. Russ kept walking from the table to the kitchen until I heard him say, "Okay, it's ready." I walked in the dining room to a nice little setup with beautiful gourmet food! All the way down to the red wine reduction! I don't even know what that is! Russ said it was just something simple. Whatever! He also said that he was just "winging it." He saw Bobby Flay on the Today Show this morning doing something similar, but Russ couldn't remember what all spices he used. So, Russ just "winged it!" Seriously?! I need a recipe, measuring cups, and I am scared to use substitutions! It puts me to shame...which isn't very hard! Ha!
So, I'm not sure I would call this Russ's day off! Thanks so much, Russ, for making me feel special always! Love you!



6 comments:
Dang! Don't want Susan to see this post!
I'm so impressed! The picture and the food both look great. You're hair is cute here!
What a beautiful dinner! And cute hair! And a sweet husband!
Great photo, too.
Blessings,
Em
awwwww! Too late, I did see it, Dennis.
Mama
How sweet! Kelly is the awesome cook in our house, my meals are rather simple, and I confess that I am a "measurer" myself!!!! LOL
Fancy! What was it? Your hair appears to be as short as mine now...cute!
Post a Comment