When the mice are away, the cats will play!
When the Mice are Away, the Cats Will Play
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Yes. I know that I have the saying completely backwards, but it was totally appropriate for us this week. A few of us from my school are involved in Ask 4 More Arts, an arts integration initiative in JPS. So, Tuesday we had a meeting at the Mississippi Museum of Art. And we were able to leave our "little mice" to go "play!"
All teachers know that professional developments in education always involve some or all of the following: colored paper, scissors, glue, Crayons, rulers, picture books, group work, etc. Because we work with and teach children, our professional development activities are children's activities or geared that way.
Maybe this is because most schoolteachers are self-proclaimed ADD victims since entering the profession and must be doing something to stay focused! Ha! I would certainly group myself in that category!
So, while we cats were away playing...our little mice were probably doing a whole lot of "busy work!" Oh well!
When the mice are away, the cats will play!
When the mice are away, the cats will play!
2 comments:
Go to bed.
I'm ready to see another blog from my beautiful wife! Love you!
-Russ
Post a Comment