Happy New Year!

Friday, January 1, 2010

So, it's the new year! 2010. This has been a whirlwind of a year for Russ and me. Many changes, adjustments, surprises, and disappointments. I'm praying 2010 has some fun surprises up its sleeve. This is the time of year that New Year's Resolutions are made, goals are set, good intentions set forth, and new beginnings begin. With that being said, I've decided to share a couple of my New Year's Resolutions.

1. Get back to running - regularly.


I have started back here and there since October. But, I'm ready to get into a regular running schedule/plan. I plan to run in races to keep me motivated, and I hope to find at least one friend ON MY LEVEL (that's important to note) to run with me and hold me accountable. (of course I would hold her accountable too. ha!) It just so happens that I've been thinking about this resolution, and when I woke up...I found a plan that Roan posted this morning on her blog. Check it out here. This is the plan I will try to follow. Of course, it will take patience to not run for a couple of weeks. I tend to get bored with walking. But, as my New Year's Resolution, I will follow that plan!

2. Become a better wife to my hubby.

I have read this book before, and I'm quite sure I've shared it with you. But, I plan to pull this book back out with a new determination. I want to read through each chapter and pray that God shows me what He wants me to see. This is a very straightforward book outlining God's role for wives as he writes in his Word. I may not agree with every single thing here (written by a human, so it may not be perfect), but it can be a life-changing book if you listen to what God wants to show you in here. I have had the opportunity to watch women model the guidelines in this book, and I have watched their marriages flourish. I have seen the love and sacrifice from both parties. I have seen a Godly model of what He meant marriage to be. So, I do plan to reread this book with a closer eye and ear turned to God and what He has to show me. I have also seen some friends who are starting their new year with the Love Dare. That's great too! I have always wanted to do that since Russ and I saw the movie. And, maybe we will. But, since I don't already have that book, I will begin with this and possibly add Love Dare to my list.

So, I have a pretty busy new year planned. How about you? What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?

post signature

2 comments:

Roan said...

Two great and very doable goals!
Keep me posted daily on your running progress. Follow the plan!
I need to reread AGAIN my copy of the Helpmeet book. When you apply the principles taught in that book, it really is life-changing!
Love you!

Travis and Lindsey said...

so we are making the 8k on the parkway in ridgeland our goal this year...might not be all running but it's a step!