Yaya New Year's Party

Monday, January 4, 2010

Well, Russ had to head back home so that he could work on New Year's Eve. (Boo!) I stayed in town and celebrated the new year with the Yayas! Actually, Mama, Daddy, and I drove north to peruse some neighborhoods for our upcoming move. After driving through several areas, we decided to eat supper at Stix in Memphis. Yummy! After supper, we drove over to Hernando to check out The Square Cupboard, a gift shop Jamie opened last year. It was so cute! On our way home, Yaya Sherra began texting me about fireworks. Apparently no one knows what to do in order to get fireworks. They said that Daddy was the "connection." I guided them through the "incognito haggling" involved in getting fireworks at a good price - the good ones. I also told them exactly what to get. Well...this proved to be unsuccessful. So, Daddy stopped on our way into town and was able to get a good deal on the fireworks we desired. Once the Yaya's knew this it was "on like a hambone" as they would say. Ha! We all headed over to Sherra's for a Yaya New Year's celebration.

Me and Yaya Teri

The Yaya hubbies

Landon and Marcee

The girls

After visiting and laughing our heads off, it was time to watch "Boomville," missiles, and "One Bad Mother-in-law" do their stuff. Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the names associated with these explosives. But, they are great to watch!



The whole "official" Yaya crew

So, it's 2010! Happy New Year!

post signature

1 comment:

YaYa Teri said...

I love it! Thanks for putting us on your blog.....it makes us feel so special!!!! It was a great New Year's Eve for sure!