That's right! I'm happy! I'm happy for a number of reasons.
I'm happy because Russ and I have found hilarious ways to entertain ourselves for several days now. Ha! I made the comment as I was passing Russ in the hall that we must like ourselves because we sure do have a lot of pictures of ourselves in the hall. He quickly responded with, "We MUST really like ourselves and each other, because we have entertained each other all week!" And it's so true! Ha! Things are getting a little crazy around here, and it's not what you think! I'm talking strange noises, weird voices, singing, dancing, and lots of nicknames for each other.
I'm happy because I'm sitting here, in a grand attempt to avoid writing lesson plans, blogging with a Yoohoo in my hand! Love me some Yoohoo!
I'm happy because the first day back was pretty productive even though there are huge black garbage bags covering all water fountains and sinks protecting us from the boil water notice.
But, mostly...at this very moment....I'm happy because of what was in the mail today!
Jersey Boys tickets! Woo hoo! When Russ and I went with my family to New York City, we had the incredible chance to see three of the best Broadway musicals ever! We started the week with Lion King followed a couple of days later with Wicked. The last musical we saw was Jersey Boys. Unfortunately, that was also the day that Russ became WAAAY sick. He left the show very early and caught a cab back to the hotel. He didn't even make it to the front door before making friends with the trash can outside. All this loveliness happened on New Year's Eve, which made it even more traumatic. So, I did what any loving wife would do. I stayed to watch the show and see the ball drop in Times Square. That's a whole other story altogether, but I DID in fact ring in the new year with my sweet sickly husband. All I can leave you with from that night is this picture:
No, I have no idea who those men are helping my mother climb the fence on New Year's Eve in the middle of Times Square! I do know the arm coming from the right was the NYPD!So, we are going to the Orpheum in Memphis to see Jersey Boys - Russ for the first time! And I'm very excited and happy. I have never been to the Orpheum, so it's kinda new for me too.
And, I'll leave you with this picture from NYC just to show that Russ actually did TRY to see the show! Bless him! I'm looking forward to a fun time in Memphis with the hubs!
So, now I'll just stomp my feet! Because I'm happy and I know it!
4 comments:
Oooh! I'm a lil' jealous! I LOVE NYC, and I LOVE broadway! I've not seen Jersey Boys, so you'll have to tell me all about it! I'm still pouting a little because I didn't get to see Wicked! Have FUN!!!!
I love broadway as well :) I love reading about your marriage-ya'll are so sweet!
We live not far from Memphis and my husband works there-it is our favorite place to go on dates.
uhum! One of those men is your father and the other one is a very nice gentleman from Alabama. At times like this you listen for the southern accent and immediately bond.
Thanks for picking out this picture out of all you had to pick from!!
Mama
I really enjoy reading your blog. I found you on Sarah Sharp's blog list! She and I went to the W together, and I remember them talking about Russ. Anyways, I am really excited about you going to see Jersey Boys at the Orpheum! I wanted to tell you about a wonderful cheesecake place called The Cheesecake Corner on G.E.Patterson and Main. It is just a few blocks from the Orpheum. You can even take the trolley! Hope you enjoy! Can't wait to read about it!
Post a Comment