Viewer Discretion Advised

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So, it's Tuesday. Yesterday was Monday, and I spent the evening getting centers together because we had a meeting until 3:30 yesterday. I left around 4:30 for my 30 minute drive home. I also watched Bachelor drama and One Tree Hill. I have to alternate since they have started coming on at the same time. Talk about wearing me out! Ha!

But, today is Tuesday. You see, lesson plans were due yesterday but I didn't complete them. In fact, I didn't even start them. I spent my night getting centers together remember? Oh...and the shows! So, I started lesson plans tonight after supper. My sweet hubs put away the food so I could work. But...

I'm in bed now, and my kitchen sink looks like this - viewer discretion advised:


I know! Gasp! I'm usually a "raging maniac" when it comes to tidying up before bed. No rest with a mess! But, tonight I chose to get in bed around the same time as my hubby. You know...I'm trying to be a better wife and all. And since I never wake up with him if I don't have to, I can at least go to bed with him, right? And I should do that for as long as I'm able. Because I know one day children will come along and change all that! Ha!

Did any of you go pick up Created to Be His Helpmeet? I've just slowly paced myself through it. No schedule or anything. Just trying to practice the principals. Well, I did have one breakdown in my operation. It was the day of the "Toots and Kisses" post! I remember it well. You see, my video wouldn't play. I am not very tech savvy, although I'm better than some. And I was freaking out. I was pushing buttons, saving videos in various formats, loading, and uploading. I just couldn't understand WHY my video wouldn't play. Well, I ended up raising my voice at the hubs, and our "happy go lucky" streak was interrupted. Eventually, I figured out that Blogger was at fault. I slowly went to bed later that night and apologized to Russ explaining that technical problems just really stress me out and I want them fixed immediately! So, my "helpmeet operation" was interrupted. And, it takes effort to get started back up. But I think I've got it! How has your "helpmeet operation" been going lately?

Speaking of the hubby...I'm pretty excited about our Jersey Boys trip. I just got news (because Russ has a hard time keeping surprises!) of even more excitement about our weekend trip! I'll surprise you with pictures. He must have been scheming away in the back bedroom earlier tonight. Such a good little hubby! I'm so glad I can be his helpmeet!

Random thoughts from yours truly! Night night! I'm gone to read some more Kingsbury! Don't worry! I'll get those dishes tomorrow!

post signature

4 comments:

Terri said...

One night last week, I too left a few dishes in the sink. Some nights we just can't get to it all. Family comes first and sometimes those dishes can wait. You may be surprised and hubby may get those dishes...!!!

Christy said...

um. my sink always has dishes in it at night...

:)

Roan said...

So did you get the dishes done? :)
I am so glad that you like the Helpmeet book. You are so right...when you apply the principles in that book, it makes married life, and life in general, just wonderful. I need to get my copy out and reread....again!
My favorite line in that book is thanksgiving produces joy.
Love you!

Hillary Jordan said...

I've got a lil' project that I'm hoping you can help me with! Give me a call when you have time to chat... 662.298.5100 office or 662.544.7400 cell

I really can't believe this will be your first trip to the Orpheum... you will LOVE it! Mom and I are going to Jersey Boys on Sunday. You will have to get season tickets with Jamie and myself when you move to 'Hernando' or Memphis. ha!