Like the last several years, I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner on her Christmas Tour of Homes. As you may have guessed by now, Christmas is my favorite time of year! I love the decorations, the lights, the family gatherings, the food, and watching as the entire world focuses on Christ's birth. It is such a special time for me...and for my loved ones. Since we don't have too many visitors this time of year due to our travel schedule, I will give you a tour of our home at Christmas. Come on in!
This wreath has moved with us a couple of times. I love the stocking bucket I got when I was a Southern Living at HOME sales rep! It can be used for anything, but I love the way it looks on this wreath with the pretty ribbon and berries.
This year, it was different maneuvering around all the baby paraphernalia. In fact, Russ nearly had a come-apart when I told him I intended to bring all Christmas decorations from the previous year. I had a vision, and it worked. In addition to all the baby "stuff," we also added a recliner. So our tiny little apartment is quite cozy during this month of December. And I love it! Our Christmas tree is full of ornaments given to us by my grandmother mostly. We also have special ornaments given by special family members and friends over the years. And, of course, we have new ornaments for our little Millie Janalee too! Such a priceless addition to our tree!
Russ and I have had these stockings since we were married...and Farley has had his for several years too. When I was looking for Millie Janalee's stocking, I found that our stockings had discontinued after seven years! But, I LOVE that hers is special! I got her stocking at Pottery Barn Kids and had it monogrammed in town. It is perfect! I'm contemplating ordering a few more in that collection just in case we add to our mantle any time soon. What do you think?
Our Dickens carolers are special additions to our mantle. They belong to my grandmother, and they are "on loan" until they are passed on to my dad. My parents also have a caroler collection that is always displayed on their piano. I love that we are able to carry on the special Christmas memories associated with these carolers.
These wooden reindeer are new this year. Santa brought me two reindeer for Christmas last year, and Russ gave me a small one too! I loved filling them with ornaments and setting them around our living room. Such a fun touch!
Another new addition to our Christmas decor this year is our Twas the Night Before Christmas book. You may remember my sister and I getting a copy last year from my dad. It is tradition for him to read Twas the Night Before Christmas every Christmas Eve for my sister, brother, and me. He recorded his voice reading the story and gave us a copy. I love it!
How special to always have his voice recorded for Millie Janalee and me to enjoy year after year after year...and for many years to come! I recommend any grandparents add this idea to your collection this year! It is a priceless gift that will forever capture the special memory.
You will also notice, if you walk around our apartment, the little touches hidden in random places. These little elves were a fun find when my grandmother moved from her house into an apartment. I grabbed a few because they were just too cute! I love hiding them around for a fun touch at Christmas.
We registered for these Christmas dishes when we were engaged, and I still love them to this day! The red Vietri is still very popular, but our Christmas salad plates and other accessories are retired now. It makes me even more excited to have this beautiful set for entertaining and decorating!
I also love the fun holiday touches added around our home year after year from loved ones. Occasionally, we will receive a seasonal gift at Christmas and I enjoy remembering the giver when the time comes to use it!
![]() |
| A fun hanger on our pantry door from Roan |
![]() |
| I love these angels from Steinmart on my refrigerator |
![]() |
| Russ's sister made this plate for us a few years ago. It's time to add a name! |
![]() |
| You better watch out! You better not splurge! Santa is watching you! |
![]() |
| These ADORABLE reindeer made by Maw Maw add a fun touch to our guest bathroom. |
![]() |
| Russ gave me this pretty Etta B dish, and it looks great in our guest bathroom. |
![]() |
| I found this tree, tree skirt, and the ornaments at Target |
![]() |
| LOVE this nativity my parents gave me for my birthday last year! The box was labeled "Baby J's Nativity." Russ marked it out and wrote "Millie Janalee's Nativity!" LOVE! |
![]() |
| Sweet Christmas toys from Auntie Kristin |
One of my favorite things about December is checking the mail! I LOVE LOVE Christmas cards! I was surprised to find our very first Christmas card in the mail the last day in November! Since then, our Christmas cards have filled up. But, I haven't gotten a picture of them.
Finally, let me introduce you to our newest, best, most wonderful Christmas gift EVER! Miss Millie Janalee! This precious gift from above is all we ever need for Christmas...and any Christmas to come! We are so thankful for the opportunity we have to parent, raise, celebrate, and enjoy this sweet girl! We are thankful for the opportunity to share our story and allow His plan to reach others! Oh, the wonders of His love!
Thanks for stopping by! Come back anytime. Merry Christmas from our home to yours!
























3 comments:
I love your Dickens' carolers. And enjoy your first Christmas with your little girl. She looks like a sweetie.
I love it! It looks great! I hope your little girl has a wonderful first Christmas!
Gorgeous tree & I love the carolers!
Post a Comment