Christmas Through the Eyes of a Child...

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

 

The bulbs
The tinsel
The lights she sees
All lit up on the Christmas trees

The snow
The Presents
The food, such fun
All excited the little one.

Santa
The reindeer
The elves
All the toys on the shelves. 


The choo choo's
The trucks, Trolleys
and so much more
All laid out displayed on the floor

The excitement in her eyes
As Christmas grows near.
What a joy it is to see
On her face, the cheer

Her eyes,
how they sparkle
She smiles,
how her face does beam
All the excitement,
The joy and happiness it brings.


Christmas seen,
Through the eyes of a child.

As this Christmas approaches, it's hard not to get excited about all the lights and tinsel, toys and wrapping, carolers and hot chocolate, Santa and reindeer.  Honestly, I get excited about all that too!  I pray that as Millie Janalee grows and joins the millions of other excited children during this time of year, Russ and I continue to teach her the true meaning of Christmas.  Yes, the pomp and circumstance is fun and all.  But it is not why we celebrate.

Christmas is a season of great JOY!  Not just happiness...but JOY.  Christmas is when we celebrate God's Son sent to Earth in the form of a newborn baby.  Of course we celebrate Jesus's birth everyday.  I think of Christmas as one huge birthday party!  How incredible that the entire world celebrates this day...this day that originated as a celebration of Christ's birth!  Let's join the celebration!  Christ's birth brought great joy to the world!  Great hope!  Great wonder!  Great anticipation!

This joy, hope, wonder, and anticipation is what I want Millie Janalee to know as we countdown to such a special day.  The JOY of knowing Christ as her personal Savior one day, the HOPE that God gives those who believe in Him, the WONDER of His marvelous works and His plan, and the ANTICIPATION of a home in Heaven with Him.

May Millie Janalee always look at Christmas full of anticipation, hope, joy, and WONDER.  I pray she (and all of us) always see Christmas through the eyes of a child - the Christ child
post signature

No comments: