![]() |
| Playing while waiting on the doctor |
Time for the needles. There weren't quite as many vaccinations this time, but we did throw in a flu shot for good measure. And this mama hated every second of it. Millie Janalee wasn't a fan either. It breaks my heart to see that unsuspecting happy face jump, scrunch up, and cry for someone to help her. And there I stood...holding her down. Oh my! I hate to think of what's ahead in the medical department. She survived. I survived. And we cuddled and napped the rest of the day. She didn't run fever, but she didn't feel good at all. Her little eyes were pitiful looking.
![]() |
| Mean ole shots! |
![]() |
| Ready. Try, trying, trying, trying again. Augh...this is hard! |
| I rolled over, Mama! Did you see me?! |
The fun begins! She wants to roll to her tummy so badly. So she does. Then, she can't roll back over. Or she forgot how. Screaming commences. A tantrum follows. I have video footage to prove this to you. But I'll spare you the heartache. I sent it to Russ and my family, though. I was scolded multiple times to roll that baby back over!
| I'm glad she likes to share...but NOT with the dog, please! |
See...
![]() |
| Splish, splash! She was takin' a bath! |
Did you notice? Our big girl is sitting up in the tub. In fact, she's been sitting up for a little while now. She's perfecting the art of sitting and wobbling over less and less. I'm not sure what classifies a baby as a "full time sitter." But she's close. I don't leave her alone sitting, but she will sit and play for a very long time with me or her daddy.
Millie Janalee pulled out some of her toys she received for Christmas, and we play and play during our time at home. Many days we play in our jammies for most of the day. I love this sweet time laughing and squealing with my daughter. She laughs at me. I laugh at her. And we both play with the blocks...knocking them together, waving them around, and reaching for the blocks we've dropped.
I know I'm biased and every mother thinks their babies are smart. But, yall. She IS! She's such a smart little thing. I pulled the box over and started putting some in there so she could hear them as they fell inside. She began picking up blocks and moving her little hand inside the box. Occasionally letting them go.
So, I thought that I might see just how gifted this little girl was. Ha! I put the lid on the box and placed the triangle block in the triangle hole. She picked up the circle block and started banging on the top. She may not have her shapes down yet, but she'll know exactly what to do when she learns them! Ha! Oh, the horrors of having a teacher for a mother! Bless her heart!
Russ has been out of town for several days, so Millie Janalee got lots of mother-daughter playtime and even one early morning of sleeping together. I'm not a fan of co-sleeping with babies (mainly because it scares me to death), but when Daddy's away and Mama is tired and no good at letting her cry it out...it happens. So, when Russ got back last night, Millie Janalee was beside herself with excitment! She couldn't wait to show Daddy how fun it is to build her new blocks up and knock them back down. And chew on them some too!
| How can you tell your doctor is from the South? He wears cowboy boots with his scrubs! |
![]() |
| Wow, Daddy! You build tall houses! |
No rush. I'm keeping her little for as long as she lets me. I'll cherish her little hands grabbing my face, her gummy grins, and her happy squeals. This, my friends, is what I've been waiting for!
Days like these.








No comments:
Post a Comment