Since Millie Janalee joined us on this 10+ hour road trip, we decided to break it up. We left at the crack of dawn, and I woke Millie Janalee up to take a bottle before loading her up for the big trip. We stopped in Valdosta, Georgia to spend the night on the way. The next morning, we weren't in a huge rush, because we only had another couple of hours or so until our arrival in Jacksonville. We ate breakfast at the hotel and headed further south (or east?). I have no idea which direction we traveled. I just know we traveled. I spent nearly every bit of those 10 hours catching up on 7th Heaven DVDs on my dad's DVD player and headphones. Ha!
![]() |
| We're here! |
New Year's Eve morning, we slept in and visited before heading out for lunch at The Landing on the river. We found the Gator Bowl gator on our trek to Chicago Pizza. Of course, Millie Janalee and I stopped him for a picture. After lunch, we enjoyed a stroll along The Landing, caught part of the Gator Bowl parade, and ran into some friends. It was pleasantly chilly on this beautiful sunny New Year's Eve!
For those of you who don't know, my mom is super woman when it comes to making reservations and saving seats! Ha! You should really take a trip to Disney World with her! You will never miss a thing and ALWAYS have the best view! Thoroughly researched. Anyway, she found a fun New Year's dinner event for the whole family to enjoy. After the whole family tried to figure out the paperwork via iPad, we finally had the paperwork faxed to the hotel to ensure our table for seven.
We enjoyed our deliciously fancy dinner for seven at River City Brewing Company. It was a five course dinner complete with all the New Year's Eve accessories and extras. Millie Janalee was very excited to celebrate her very first New Year in style! She brought her fancy New Year's Eve attire, and she was ready to dine, dance, and watch fireworks!
Is she not just the cutest little New Year's baby ever!? Of course she was the only baby in attendance at this New Year's bash, so everyone was dying to see her and meet her. The next youngest child I saw was the group for the 15th birthday. That's okay. Surely she's mature for her age! Ha!
We were seated at our table, which was set with our name displayed and our New Year's party favors were properly placed on the table according to gender. We quickly began to wonder if we even belonged at such a dinner. Dustin is the one who first voiced it..."We don't belong here. What are we doing?" Hahaha! Our waitress loved that we had no filter, and enjoyed our company I think. It was her first New Year's to work too, so we learned together.
| Table reserved for Smith...party of 7! |
| Party favors |
![]() |
| Millie Janalee's New Year's Eve shoes, our menu, and the New Year's beads |
![]() |
| Ready to party! |
| Warm Goat Cheese and Poached Pear Salad |
| Mixed Baby Lettuces |
![]() |
| Millie Janalee's first balloon...before Uncie Bucket sucked the helium out! |
![]() |
| Sweet kisses for my New Year's Baby! |
![]() |
| Happy New Year! |
![]() |
| Silly songs with Susu! |
| Auntie Kristin always makes Millie Janalee cackle! |
| Paw Paw can put Millie Janalee to sleep ANYWHERE ANYTIME! |
| Dustin and me |
![]() |
| Don't ask! |
![]() |
| Kristin and Lee |
![]() |
| Me, Mama, and Kristin |
Whew! Glad that's out of the way! Don't judge me.
![]() |
| "How late do you stay up for this?!" |
I am NOT!
I tried my hand at Gangnam Style and did my thing during Cupid Shuffle. Hopefully, I didn't embarrass my much cooler little brother too bad. Ha! I'm sure he was missing Sheila, but we made the most of being single on New Year's.
As the countdown to midnight began, we gathered near the edge of the river to admire the fireworks and yell, "Happy New Year!" together. Kisses were exchanged, pictures were taken, tweeting commenced, and texts were sent to those we missed.
![]() |
| Happy New Year from us! |
| New Year's kiss! |
| Another year of fun! |
Inside, Millie Janalee watched the fireworks with Susu and Paw Paw. Yes...she woke up for the fireworks. Our baby girl enjoyed her first new year under the lights and colors of fireworks on the river. This is the picture I got while we were on the deck outside...
![]() |
| Paw Paw and Millie Janalee |
![]() |
| Millie Janalee loves her grandparents |
It was a Happy New Year indeed!


















2 comments:
this was the best!!! love it!! glad I get to live vicariously through you guys!! haha y'all look like you always have a ball!! :)
and btw I'm betting Sheila missed Dustin too!! ;)
I do believe she was the best dressed of the bunch! =) And the cutest New Year's baby, ever!
Post a Comment