Christmas has come and gone...and it was a memorable one for sure! I love Christmas traditions and cherish family time. This year, Millie Janalee added to the excitement for both sides of our family. Christmas Eve is a full day for Russ and me. We couldn't wait to share this special experience with our daughter. And, let me add that I am so sad I have no pictures of Russ at his family Christmas. He was behind the camera, and I guess I was too distracted to think about taking it from him. I must do better!
Uncie Lee and Auntie Kristin gave Millie Janalee a super cute Christmas bubble for Christmas Eve, and Millie Janalee couldn't wait to wear it to Granmomma and Pop's house for Christmas! She was so excited to see everyone again and play with all her cousins.
The first thing she wanted to do was show off her tricks...blow raspberries! While family members filed into the house with hands full of beautifully wrapped gifts, Millie Janalee watched and observed this new thing called Christmas.
One of Millie Janalee's gifts wasn't wrapped, because her Aunt Jenny and family knew she may need something to keep her busy while the Christmas chaos commenced. She LOVES her new exersaucer from Aunt Jenny, Uncle Jeff, Will, Seth, and Grace! The younger cousins loved watching her play in it just as much as Millie Janalee enjoyed playing. Ha!
This year, we did Christmas Eve lunch a little different than usual. The sister-in-laws usually cook and fix food to bring for lunch, but this year us girls weren't feeling it. Actually, I think it was more like we ran out of time and no one really cares what we eat. So we ordered Mexican take-out! Ha! After the shock wore off, everyone was ready to give their order for Russ and Jimmy to go pick up. Of course, they also made a stop by the gas station for Granmomma's fried chicken.
| Seth and Olivia |
| Jenny, Millie Janalee, me, and Roan |
| Passing out the gifts |
| The kids are ready to open! |
| Grace's hat that one of Jimmy and Roan's girls made her |
| Practical is the way to go for Granmomma! |
| Clay and Pop |
| I love this picture! Roan's face is priceless! |
| Millie Janalee LOVES her very first tea set! |
| Julie made the sweetest doll for Millie Janalee! Olivia and Leah made her one too. Such treasures! |
| I gave Roan some fun running socks for her next race! Ha! The question is...will she actually wear them? |
| Jimmy made this frame for Jenny's family picture he took on their summer vacation. Perfect! |
| "WHAT have I gotten myself into???" |




3 comments:
HAHA... sweet girl has no clue what she has gotten herself into, but she will soon understand that she is with the sweetest and most loving family, ever!! Looks like a fun Christmas full of memories and love!
What thoughtful gifts! Happy New Year!
Great post, describing a great day!
Millie Janalee is just a doll! :)
Post a Comment