The new year brought one more new experience right off the bat. We moved Millie Janalee from her nice and cozy bassinet to her big girl crib! That's right. She's nearly six months old, and I still woke up each morning looking at that sweet face. I would be happy to have her sleep there for the rest of her life...but it was time for her to sleep in her own room.
She did a GREAT job with the transition!! We moved her little sleeping bag over to her bed to help her transition. Our next job is to move that out. She only woke up once during the night a couple of nights, but I just put her paci back in and she was asleep. Now, she's sleeping all the way through. She's also sleeping later. Like much later! It's 9:00 now, and she's just now starting to stir! While we were in Jackson this weekend, she slept (or laid quietly) in her pack 'n' play until 9:40 one morning until I just went in and got her up. She's her Mama's girl for sure right now! We love our sleep...especially in the mornings.
Millie Janalee also takes most all her naps in her crib now. Her naps are much more predictable now...depending on what time we get her up. She usually naps right after her solid feeding around 10:30 or 11. She naps again between 2 and 3, and her last nap is around 5 or 6. Her naps still range between 45 minutes or an hour except her morning nap. Her first nap usually last close to an hour and a half. Yay!
When we decided to move her to her crib, we realized we needed to move the video monitor also. We couldn't figure out the best place for the video. Ideally, the best view was on top of her crib. I didn't want it to fall on her, so I put Russ in charge. This is what he came up with...
![]() |
| Saran Wrap! Ha! A temporary fix since she's not pulling up yet. |
| Posing with some of her many stuffed animals |
| Where's Millie Janalee? |
| There she is! |



No comments:
Post a Comment