Now that you have that background information...let's fast forward a few days. It appeared that Pops was not doing well, and his prognosis was not very good at all. So, Kristin and I decided we should be with my mom since my dad was sick and wasn't able to go. Millie Janalee and Lee went along for the ride. Kristin and Lee came through town to pick me and Millie Janalee up. I'm terrified of the flu, so Lee graciously offered to stay in the car with Millie Janalee while Kristin and I gowned and masked up to visit Pops...who at this point was unresponsive and had pneumonia.
![]() |
| We're not taking any chances! |
![]() |
| Playtime in the car! |
| "How big is this church?" |
![]() |
| "I'm excited about 'big church!'" |
| "Let's GO!" |
![]() |
| "I promise to cross my legs like a lady during church." |
| Even Millie Janalee felt His presence! |
![]() | ||
| Pops and his girls |
![]() |
| Let's walk around, "Aunt Clancy!" |
| These shoes are made for walking... |
| Kristin and Lee |
![]() |
| Waking up to "Uncle Jack" after his shift at the fire department |
![]() |
| Me, Millie Janalee, and Uncle Howard |
![]() |
| Pops and his children (Mama and Uncle Howard) |
![]() |
| Kristin, Lee, and Pops |
![]() |
| Pops with his first great-grandchild |
Russ and I had a meeting at Bethany the next day, so I stayed around town and decided to visit some dear friends while I waited on Clancy to get off work. My first stop was the yogurt shop to play with Clark, Griffin, and Kelly. We were the only ones in there the whole time. Probably because it was threatening ice the remainder of the day. Ice storm warnings were all over north Mississippi. Ha! Millie Janalee was enthralled with these boys and all their energy. She just stared and watched them running back and forth. I got a glimpse into what I have to look forward to in the coming months. I need to rest up!
| Millie Janalee and her arranged marriage husband, Griffin |
| Clark telling Millie Janalee all his secrets |
| "Mama, what are they doing?" |
| Love this sweet face! |
![]() |
| Nate loves to kiss Millie Janalee! |
| Toby thinks Millie Janalee is just "soooo cute!" |
Mama gave us all an updated report last night. It truly is a miracle that Pops is opening his eyes and talking some. Mama talked to him on the phone yesterday. His speech is very slurred, but this is improvement. We are all thankful for the time we have left with Pops and grateful that God's plan for Pops isn't finished quite yet. Please continue to pray for Pops as he continues his treatment and hopefully improves. Also pray for our family as we cherish this time with him.












1 comment:
Not to get off subject or ignore the fact that I teared up AGAIN reliving Millie janalee's worship, but why are lee and I matching the entire trip? Lawsy, that would be emburrasin' if we weren't so cool.
Post a Comment