One of my absolute favorite things about Christmas is our Christmas Eve service at our hometown church. With all the chaos and fun that happens around Christmastime, it is so refreshing to slow down for 45 minutes and enjoy the sounds of Christmas, the story of Jesus's birth, singing carols and hymns, and observing the Lord's supper as a family under the dim sanctuary lights. Lighting candles with our hometown church family and their families while singing "Silent Night" at the end is such a moving time as we think about that silent night...that holy night. THIS is why we celebrate! And it is so nice to stop tearing into gifts and frantically wrapping presents...and just remember His gift.
After the Christmas Eve Candlelight service, my family meets back at my parents' house for a delicious Christmas Eve supper prepared by my mother. I can't remember everything she fixed, but we had a standing rib roast, crock pot mac and cheese, a yummy salad that I don't know the name of, green bean bundles, rolls, cream corn, and yummy desserts. I'm sure I left something important out! It's been over a week, and I already forgot! This is why I blog!
![]() |
| Sheila and Dustin |
![]() |
| Millie Janalee and Uncie Bucket playing Stare Out |
![]() |
| The Christmas Cook! |
![]() |
| The traditional table setting |
| Maw Maw made these napkin rings. All the grandchildren have a set! LOVE! |
| Mama's centerpiece |
| Delivering gifts |
| Lee's mom always joins us too! |
| Brodie and his gifts |
| The whole crew...minus Russ! (Behind the camera again) |
![]() |
| There he is! My love! |
In this family, dogs are not treated like dogs. They are treated like "grandpuppies." We are dog people, and we like it that way. My parents dogsit our pups all the time, and they love it! Our dogs sleep with them, never go hungry, watch television with them, and have special dogsitters during football season.
| Brodie opening his gift. |
| Do you think Brodie likes this look? |
| He let his cousin try them on too. |
| She loves caramel apples! |
| Precious monogrammed outfit from Uncie Lee and Auntie Kristin! |
![]() |
| Perfect Party of Three owl lamp from She She and Uncie Dustbucket! |
| Millie Janalee's keepsake box |
| Millie Janalee is already dreaming of the pink Barbie convertible, I'm sure! |
| Millie Janalee, me, and her first Barbie doll! |
| Thank you, Aunt Nana! |
| Real men wear pink! |
| Susu's Moni angel from Millie Janalee |
| The Smith girls with our sunglasses from Maw Maw for the bowl game |
| PawPaw with two of the framed portraits |
![]() |
| Uncie Lee |
| PawPaw and the Smithites |
These are the memories I love! Traditions passed down from generation to generation. Traditions remembered with sweet giggles and teary eyes. Traditions I cherish. And traditions I long to continue as my own family grows!








1 comment:
I love the traditions and all the fun gifts! Such a sweet and precious family!
Post a Comment