That's how we feel about life right now. Life is sweet. This Valentine's Day feels different somehow. I've been so excited about finding Millie Janalee the perfect Valentine and thinking about how sweet our little life is. Full of LOVE! I've been reminiscing about all the love Millie Janalee has had over the last six months. (Actually, it's closer to 7 months now! Wow!) I've looked through old pictures and watched old videos with tears streaming down my face. Because life just feels so sweet right now!
As I ponder on the love in my life, I find myself overwhelmed! Overwhelmed with thanksgiving for all He has given me. Far beyond anything I could ask or imagine. And certainly far beyond anything I deserve. Our wait didn't entitle us to answered prayers the way we thought they should be answered. God blessed us with Millie Janalee because it was part of His plan for our story. Our life. I wish I could come up with a better word than "thankful" because it just doesn't seem like a good enough word.
The love Russ and I feel in our life is extraordinary! The deep love we feel from our families. The love and support from our friends. Even the love felt through our blog from many we don't even know. The love we feel for Millie Janalee is indescribable! And, as much as we love our sweet girl, we know that God's love for her is infinitely more. How is that even possible?! His love is perfect and unconditional. I like to think that my love is perfect. Then I look at what love is...
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Then, I realize how imperfect my love can be at times. I lose my patience. I envy. I can be proud. I can be rude. I can be selfish. I can be easily angered. I can keep record of wrongs. I could go on and on, and I'm sure you could too. But what is so wonderful, is how God's perfect love and mercy forgives my imperfections. When I fail or fall, He is there to help me back up. Nothing I can do can make Him stop loving me. Nothing. Yes, I mess up. Millie Janalee will mess up some too. But I will never ever ever stop loving her. Nothing she could do will change my love for her. And, if my love for her is nothing compared to God's love for us...then, I know that His love is unchanging and will never be lost. He is my Father and I am His child. He is preparing a place for me in Heaven. This I know!
"Jesus loves me this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so."
Now that is a good reason to celebrate, don't you think?
Happy Valentine's Day from our sweet family to yours!






No comments:
Post a Comment