If you've followed our blog for many years...or any length of time really...you know that we come from a small town. The best way to grow up, in my opinion. Sure, it has its annoyances and tattletales growing up and everybody in everybody else's business. But it also has a town full of people who see you broken down and pick you up, call your house making sure everything is okay because they drove by and saw lots of cars, call you by name around town (You know...like Cheers...where everybody knows your name!), have your drinks ready when you enter the restaurant because they already know what you want, act as your parent in the ER when yours are out of town, come together during a tragedy, and join together joyfully in the best times. Small towns are full of people who love you because they know you. Like, know you for who you used to be AND who you have become. Russ and I have always wanted to and prayed that the opportunity arises to return to that small town. Or at least close to it. Of course, both our families are there...so there's that too.
I used to take college friends home and they would say things like, "Does EVERYBODY know y'all?" or "Every restaurant is named after a person!" I never noticed. But, yes, it's true! When Millie Janalee was born, one of our favorite restaurant owners gave her the most awesome gift! I have been so excited for her to fit in it, and today was the day!
![]() |
| She's running toward a chicken strip salad and sweet tea from Cafe Mike's! |
![]() |
| "Let me show you how I strut." |
When I went back to look at the pictures and decide which one to send to Mikey, I cracked up! Millie Janalee looks like she was on the runway! I'm laughing just thinking about it. Maybe you had to be there, but it was the best. And these are some of my favorites ever. She ran down the catwalk, turned her quarter turn, and showed off the back of her outfit. Priceless!
Bless her heart. Her jeans were much too small, but too cute not to take pictures. She probably felt like I do when I try to sit down in my jeans. Ha! It's time to stop asking the hubby for an M&M Blast on his way home from work. I digress.
I seriously got a glimpse into the years to come. This time is flying by too fast and my baby girl is gonna grow up. Maybe she'll have the Peter Pan philosophy like my brother did and never want to grow up. That sounds great to me at this point!
![]() |
| My all-time favorite! That grin is THE BEST! Drool and all. |
![]() |
| "Mama, do you think Uncie Bucket will take me to play darts at Mike's?" |







1 comment:
She looks way too grownie in this pictures!!! Please have time slow down!
Post a Comment