We Have a Big Girl...and a Tummy Sleeper

Wednesday, February 13, 2013


This is how our baby girl slept for the first time on February 5.  On her tummy!  It started out with nearly 30 minutes of crying after I put her to bed.  Of course, I went in every few minutes to reassure her.  I've been trying to do the whole "sleep training" thing when I need to.  Ha!  I'm not very good at it.  I hate to hear her cry.  For some reason, she has just started this at night only.  We've had it made thus far, so I certainly can't and won't complain.  Anyway, after close to 30 minutes...she rolled over.  I saw her on the monitor and what crossed my mind was, "Go turn her back over!"  But she was quiet.  Completely quiet and asleep.  So that outweighed my desire to roll her to her back.  I watched her like a hawk all night to make sure she was breathing.  You know...all the new parent stuff.  The next morning...she was just a smiley little tummy sleeper when I went in to get her up.


Happy, red-faced, and....soaking wet!  Yep.  Apparently, tummy sleeping does not agree with the diapers she's been wearing.  After changing her, wiping her down, changing the sheets, and washing the mattress cover...I started brainstorming.  Since then, she's been almost a full-time tummy sleeper with several wet mornings.  I tried the overnight diapers we had, but they didn't work either.  We finally ended up with Huggies Snug and Dry for the last two nights, and (so far) no leaking.  Crossing my fingers that this is the answer!  I studied the diaper aisle at Kroger this week, which was new for me.  Remember, we haven't really had to buy many diapers since Millie Janalee was born thanks to so many who know how to give a practical baby gift!  Thank you!  The only "overnight" diapers (besides the Pampers Baby Dry that didn't work for us) only come in size 4.  Well, we are just now growing into a size 3, so I'm not sure those would work.  I bought them anyway.  We can use them eventually.  Anyway, I looked in Millie Janalee's closet one last time and noticed someone gave us size 3 Huggies Snug and Dry.  It was worth a try!  And it worked!  So far, anyway.


Hopefully, I haven't grossed you out too much with my diaper leaking tangent.  Sorry about that!  There's not too much that grosses me out these days.  Especially when it comes from this cute face.  I think you might agree if you were me.  Bottom line...Millie Janalee is a full-time DRY tummy sleeper these days!  She growing up.  And too fast!


What else has she been doing lately?  Oh, nothing much.  EXCEPT SAYING "Dada Dada!"  Oh. My. Word!  How is this possible?!  After the initial disappointment that it wasn't "Mama" and the realization that she really probably hasn't connected that word to its meaning, I was so excited.  It is SO fun to watch her little tongue in action as she tries to get it just right.  She moves that little jaw so fast until she works up a "Dada."  I love it!


Playtimes around here are getting more and more fun!  She's moving around, grabbing things, reaching for things she shouldn't, and having a ball.  I am too!  I haven't taken near as many videos as I should...or still pictures for that matter.  I take most of them with my phone because it's usually handy, and I'm busy playing.  Ha!  I've gotta pick up the slack.  Bless her heart.  She doesn't have hardly any pictures of herself.  Haha! [insert sarcasm]


Millie Janalee and I are getting ready for another mountain trip with my family, so I've been busy making more baby food, doing laundry, and getting things put away so I can pack and organize fairly quickly.  Speaking of baby food, we have tried even more things and Millie Janalee certainly lets me know her opinion.  So far, she has started apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, green peas, squash, and today we started carrots.  She likes them all.  But she loves fruit!  I don't blame her.  At least she tolerates what she doesn't like.  She can put away some baby food!  She eats 4-5 cubes every meal.  (I store the baby food in ice cube trays after I make it.  So that's why I say "cubes.")  Next up...plums and asparagus.  Fun times!


The rest of our time has been spent playing with Farley.  Or trying to play with him.  And waiting each afternoon for Daddy to come home.  Oh, how she loves when he walks through the door!
post signature

1 comment:

Joy said...

She really needs to stop growing up. It's happening waaay too fast!! So hard to believe that she is already "talking" and I bet it sounds soooo cute!