We [Heart] You

Saturday, February 9, 2013


February is the month of pinks and reds.  It's Valentine's month!  Tonight is one of my favorite nights on Facebook, because it's the night of the Father/Daughter Ball in our hometown.  All night, I've seen sweet pictures of dads and their daughters before going to "the ball."  Many with corsages, sequins, a slight heel on their shoes, make-up, curled hair, and all of them with huge smiles on their faces!  Including my niece...

Grace
It was Millie Janalee's last naptime of the day when the pictures began popping up.  I sat there in the dark nursery and rocked her for the entire hour nap just looking at these pictures.  Many of these girls I remember as babies.  I teared up.  At one point, a tear rolled down my cheek.  Because I know that all too soon, our baby girl will be going on a date with her Daddy to "the ball." 


I can almost see the excitement in her eyes and the huge smile on her face.  I can only imagine the fun she will have!  And I will be left behind.  It will be a night when her Daddy will take her on her first date and show her how she deserves to be treated.  He will show her how boys should open the door for girls, how they should walk next to them...not ahead of them, how they should make sure she is having a good time.  He will show her how boys should be considerate of her and proud of her.  He will show her how boys should respect her.  I know he will show her these things, because that is how her Daddy treats me.  And it will be a night for just them...a little girl and her Daddy.


I'm sure they will dance.  And she may or may not be a little embarrassed of Russ's dance moves.  Ha!  Having said that...mine aren't much better!  But, she will giggle and dance with him.  She won't know the difference!  From the word I've already gotten from my brother-in-law, the music probably won't be Russ's favorite genre...but he'll dance anyway.


I get excited thinking about it, because I know how special her Daddy will be to her.   And I know how special Millie Janalee is to Russ.  I get a little sad too.  The thought of taking her to find the perfect dress and accessories seems so far away.  Yet, I know it will be here before I know it...and I'm not ready.  Time slow down!


I have absolutely no doubt that this little girl will be over the moon happy every time she spends time with her Daddy.  And, I know she will feel so special attending the Father/Daughter Ball and dressing up and dancing with her Daddy and all her little friends.  She's already preparing by stretching her little legs.  See...


This is one special baby girl!  Her Daddy and I love her so very much and pray she always feel loved and secure...and that she has FUN!  If you've met Millie Janalee, you know that she always has fun!  Ha! 

We [heart] you, Millie Janalee!
post signature

1 comment:

Marcie said...

My hardest adjustment to parenthood didn't have anything to do with how to parent, it was just how fast the time flew by! And still does!
Wish I could find a way to make it slow down!
The night our girls go to the ball with their fathers, we need to have a date night! Dinner and a movie! ha! Maybe that will keep us from sitting at home crying all night!