Thursday afternoon, I took my little lady on a walk on such a sunny day. We are soaking up these last days of heat. Don't be fooled. I do love a pleasant fall day! But, why not soak in the heat God is giving us now? Our pool is closed, and I'm pretty sure after five minutes in the sun...I would have been happy to dive in fully clothed! I grabbed a sunhat on our way out the door, thankfully, and my little lady looked so precious.
My original idea was to play in the green grass...because, you know, grass gets brown pretty soon. So I strolled her over to the courtyard area of our apartment complex. She, however, is such a dainty little thing. Only the sidewalks would do. She seriously never stepped foot in the grass. She politely reached over to grab the nearest pine cone, and that was as close as she ever came to the green stuff.
The sidewalk breaks off into three directions. She would walk down one sidewalk until she got a little too far. I would walk over and coax her to turn around. She did. Then she took another sidewalk until the same thing happened. She picked up pine straw and brushed the bushes with them. She sat a few times to rest. And only fell once...no scrapes to be found. Yay!
By the time I was dripping sweat from head to toe, I decided it was time for this little lady to head back home for naptime. I followed her to make sure she didn't choose the wrong path...leading her toward the stroller.
My view was the best!
This little lady of mine! I love her so.
Thank you, God, for the sun so bright and the changing of the seasons. And for a walk with my little lady!





No comments:
Post a Comment