The Friday Five

Friday, September 20, 2013


It's time for our Friday Five!  See what's been going on around here this week.

1.  {Foodie Friday Link-up}  Today, over at Mississippi Women Bloggers we are hosting a link-up full of tailgating and "homegating" recipes and tablescapes.  Do you have something fun to share?  Go ahead and link up!  Make sure to register with us while you are there!  Here's my go-to tailgating recipe (outside of those break and bake cookies) - Greek Pasta Salad.  (Thanks to Roan for sharing her recipe with me years ago!)

Mississippi Women Bloggers

Greek Pasta Salad

1 box angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
1 large jar chopped pimentos
1/3 can chopped black olives
1 small jar chopped mushrooms, drained
2 Tbs. Cavendar's Greek seasoning
3 Tbs. mayonaise
3 Tbs. lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil
6 oz. feta cheese crumbled finely

Mix everything without pasta first.  Then, toss it with pasta.  Tastes best refrigerated several hours or overnight.

2.  {God Gave Us Love - Jamie's Story}  If you have not been following these amazing adoption stories, you can click here to catch up.  Jamie shared from the perspective of the adoptee, and it was amazing.  Touching.  Uplifting.  I needed Kleenex.  Stick with us on Wednesdays through November...maybe even December if stories continue rolling in!


3.  {Like Mother, Like Daughter}  And I'm not talking about having to dig the dog food out of her mouth twice this week.  Although I used to eat it too.  I am referring to the day Millie Janalee ordered something off Zulily when playing with my phone.  I might mention that I am, once again, taking a break from Zulily (advised by my husband).  However, Millie Janalee took it upon herself to get into my Zulily app and make a purchase.  Thankfully, it was less than $15, cute, and something I can hold back until Christmas.  Maybe her daddy won't be too mad since she's the one who did it.


4. {3 Blind Mice...or Just One?}  Let's discuss my anxiety this week that caused me to text my mom to let her know "I am DYING!"  Of course the panic button set in as she wanted to know "WHY?"  Russ and I were in bed Tuesday night when I heard something around my window (right beside my head!).  This scaredy cat got Russ to get up and check outside.  Then we heard something behind our dresser.  Russ dismissed it as some kind of bug.  I swore it sounded huge.  At 4 am, we woke to the sound of something rustling around the Walmart sacks of clothes at the foot of our bed.  Don't judge.  I had not unpacked since our last roadtrip.  We both sat straight up, unpacked everything, searched high and low, and found nothing.  Around 5 am, we were back in bed.  The next morning, we found mouse poop while cleaning.  In THREE different placed, y'all!  I panicked!  I've never had a mouse before, and I would just DIE if I saw one.  Or worse...if Millie Janalee found one!  Thankfully, no poop was found in her room.  But, I loaded Millie Janalee up and we headed to Lowe's and purchased 6 mouse traps and 4 glue pads for our 1,000 square foot apartment.  I was determined to catch the thing.  And we did.  Note to all mice that may still be lingering...there are many more traps out there.  Beware!  We don't play 'round here.


5. {Toddler Time}  Millie Janalee and I have been having fun adding a little something fun to each day.  This toddler time thing is incredibly laid back.  You can see Day 1 here.  Like the day I went in search for the mouse...we only did one activity on my list, because I was so distracted and cleaning and moving things and putting traps out.  We have managed some cute art this week though...


Well, that sums up the week that you haven't seen yet.  What about you?  How was your week?
post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I just LOVE that Millie Janalee bought that on Zulily. Little did she know that it was a perfect purchase. :-) The only reason I don't usually use Zulily is the shipping!

Joy said...

The fact that she bought something off your phone is cracking me up. She's learning very early mom! Happy FRIDAY. BTW, I loved the video with her patting daddy last night while he was playing the guitar. Happy Friday. Thanks for linking up today. Y'all enjoy the weekend. I'm sure y'all will be at the game tomorrow cheering on our dawgs!

Unknown said...

I think I'd freak out about the mouse, too. The Zulily purchase is priceless!