MSU vs. Alcorn State

Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's that time!  Saturday was our first home game, and as you all know by now...we don't miss a game if we can help it.  The forecast called for HEAT and sunshine!  And that is what we had.  I found myself convinced that Millie Janalee wouldn't make it past kickoff and had prepared my heart for leaving the game with a fussy little one.  I chose to enjoy the day and take it as it came.  No schedule.  No one depending on me.  No stress.


And, if leaving the game was inevitable...so be it.  I could not have been more wrong!


This girl of ours is TRUE MAROON through and through!  Pawpaw stopped by the bookstore on the way into town and surprised Millie Janalee with a tailgating chair just her size!  I was obsessed!  And, this little  Baby Bulldog sat in her chair the entire time we were at the tent.  She looked so grown up and PREC-IOUS!  Oh my, y'all!  I know she's mine and all, but she was the cutest thing around!  Ha!


We didn't actually tailgate.  I should make a note of this.  [Gasp.]  We set up a tent beside the parking lot where we all parked so that I would have a spot to bring Millie Janalee in the shade if she needed to leave.  Which, you already know, did not happen.  Ha!  I neglected to pack a sunhat and began getting a little nervous that her little scalp would burn, so we stopped by the Lodge after a yummy lunch at Oby's.  I found a cute little ball cap that will grow with her.  And I was surprised to find that she actually left it on her head.


The family sat around visiting...and still loving our passers-by company.  We weren't even in our normal tailgating spot, and friends still found us!  I love the feeling of community during tailgating season!  I love having friends stop by...some my parents haven't seen in 30 years!

Kristin and Lee
Dustin and Sheila
 As the pregame show started, we decided to make our way toward the newly renovated stadium.  It is still under construction in the end zone, but what was completed was AMAZING!   Everything from the gated entrance to the Barnes and Noble store and Mugshots under the stadium with concessions.  I'm pretty sure Millie Janalee was the very first baby to use the changing table in the newly renovated restrooms.  Can you tell I was a little overly excited about the changes?


Inside the stadium, the band was playing and the cowbells were ringing.  If I remember correctly, I was already soaking wet from head to toe and dripping excess sweat everywhere.  I know my seat was wet when I stood up, and I promise I didn't wet my pants.  Regardless of how wet or dry any given person was, please know that IT. WAS. HOT!  And sunny.  At this point, Millie Janalee had not had a nap all day.

Did you hear me?  All day!  Even more reason to prepare for an early exit.



A little juice and loving from Susu, and my little Bulldog Baby was out like a light!  Fast asleep for an hour.  And, she actually wore her headphones!


When she finally woke up, she was as content as could be with all the excitement going on around her.  I promise she was happy.  She's not smiling in any of these pictures, but I only took a couple when she first woke up.  Pawpaw gave her the cowbell and showed her how to ring it.  She watched everyone else and followed suit. 


 Our seats are on the 6th row, and the cheerleaders are in front of us.  I caught Little Miss Priss watching them more than anything.  Ha!  My little cheerleader!  She spent the rest of the second half watching the game, ringing her bell, and entertaining us in between touchdowns.

Thank the Lord for touchdowns!

Add caption
You know by now that I am passionate about Mississippi State football.  I could not have been more thrilled last year when I finally got the chance to share my love with my daughter for the first time.  This year, after seeing how grown up she was and walking into the stadium watching her take it all in for the first time...I admit that I did tear up.  This time last year I was cradling a sleeping 8 week old (if she was even that old!) into the ballgame.  Some people thought I was crazy, and maybe I am.  I don't regret one bit of it. 


What a difference a year makes!

We actually left the game a little early.  We were in the shade after halftime and it was actually pleasant.  I'm not sure why the family voted to leave, but I can assure you it wasn't my idea.  Ha!  We were obviously going to win.  We headed toward home, stopping in Tupelo for supper at Mt. Fuji before all going our own way.

It was a great start to our HOME football season!  Here's to a season full of touchdowns!
post signature

4 comments:

Joy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! #hailstate

We will be cheering loud enough for y'all this weekend. But, we will probably leave at halftime because I usually don't make it long at night time. =)

Angela said...

So adorable! Can't wait to have our own baby bulldogs to bring to the tailgate.

Jenn said...

She looks so grown up in her bulldog outfit, hope she has fun supporting her bulldogs this year

Erin said...

Oh man, was it ever HOT! We were going to try and find your tailgate but after letting my big kid play at the kid zone, we were all drippppping wet. We left at the beginning of the 4th quarter and we were still in the sun (on East side). I'll be back for the LSU game and I promise to come find you!