MSU vs. Troy

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday was yet another game day.  The forecast called for rain, so we left Millie Janalee with Auntie Kristin and Uncie Lee.  Kristin took a weekend off to rest and try to recover from her yucky pregnancy symptoms.  Millie Janalee had a ball I know, but we missed her.  Even more when we saw how beautiful the day ended up.

We relocated our tailgate spot.  [Gasp!]  Our friends will never find us. And, I promise that wasn't the plan!  Ha!  Seriously, it's not that difficult to find.  It is super easy to unload, set up, and pack up...seeing as how we are tailgating right behind our car by the parking lot.  It's a great spot out of the hustle and bustle of traffic with small trees hanging over to provide shade.  The best way we came up with to describe it is near Junction Jane and Junction John (that's the potty trailer) behind the greenhouse.  I joked with Karen when I told her we had moved that we will give a high five to anyone who can find us!

I panicked at first when I saw our new spot.  But it grew on me, and it was very nice.  A great spot for my little busy toddler.

Mama and Daddy watching the TN/FL game
Me and Sheila
Dustin and Sheila
I told you it wasn't too hard to find us.  We even had some fun visitors and guest tailgaters with us on Saturday.  I was thrilled to have Jimmy and the kids visit us on their first game day in SIX YEARS!  Roan was out of town visiting Olivia, so Julie packed the rest of the family a healthy and delicious cooler of sandwiches, wraps, and other snacks.  She's so good at taking care of her family.  I forgot to mention that Russ didn't come to this game either.  Boards are next week.  Praise the Lord they are almost here!  I want my hubby back!

Leah, Julie, and Jimmy
Clay and Sam
And, of course, several of Dustin's friends found us.  Jordan and his crew are always good to stop by for a visit.  We also enjoyed meeting another Jordan, a classmate of Dustin's in the PTA program.


I talked to Matt and Leah earlier in the week, and I found out they were coming to the game.  We had extra seats since Millie Janalee and Russ weren't there, so I was excited to invite them to sit with me.  We had a blast, and Leah may have even learned a thing or two about football.  Ha!


The game ended with a 62 -7 win over Troy!  Woo hoo!  We played well, especially Prescott.  Now we are crossing our fingers for a good fight against LSU next week.  Maybe even a win!  Only the True Maroon can say that! 

Are YOU True Maroon?!
post signature

No comments: