Around the House

Monday, June 16, 2008

Well...it's summertime. I have told myself all school year that when summer comes, I'll do some deep cleaning. Well, it is here. And I've put it off as long as I could, I guess. So I've been doing some deep cleaning around the house. I mean, I've even put the ceiling fan globes in the dishwasher! I WILL NOT post pictures of this cleaning process, for it may cause you to gag! Ha!!

Russ and I have also been working in the yard. We do a little at a time because of Russ's study schedule. There is a ton of clean up to do after the roofing, and our back yard (major garden upkeep - not quite what we thought when we bought the house) needs some TLC. I usually only work in the yard when Russ is here for fear of pulling up a beautiful rose bush instead of a weed. Plus, I'm not very experienced in this department...and Russ tells me what to do as we go. I will post some pictures from this because I'm sure my family will not believe it until they see me out working in the yard!!

This was much more fun that vacuuming!

Russ always works hard in the yard. Nothing new!

I'm pretty sure it was 117 degrees outside yesterday! :)

Look at that stance!!

Russ took a photography break. This is from our back yard.

After our afternoon of working in the front yard...I decided to play in the sprinkler (that Russ placed so perfectly for a bad patch of grass) to wash the fertilizer off my legs. He was not that amused, so I don't have a picture of that!

1 comment: