BIG NEWS!!!!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's official! Kristin is going to be a Tull!!! Lee popped the question after a walk on the beach last night. Talk about surprise!! It's actually a very funny story.

Please excuse the nail polish! Ha! You should always keep your nails nicely manicured! :)

Lee has been trying all week to get Kristin alone. You have to understand, however, that a Smith vacation is just that...A SMITH VACATION! We do most everything as a family. So, needless to say, we didn't make it easy on him. I was probably the most to blame!! They were going to eat at the Back Porch alone Wednesday night - but I just had to go! Then, last night they were going to eat at Margaritaville ALONE. I was pouting (just a bit) because I wanted the whole family to go. Don't get me wrong...I wasn't the only one. Kristin was making sure Lee understood that this is a FAMILY vacation, and when all the cousins were going to Tootsies last night - she didn't want to miss out! So, they came by. Poor Lee (ring in his pocket all night)! They left around 10:00 because Lee had to get his car out of valet parking by 10. He wanted them to walk on the beach. As normal, Kristin was having some kind of allergic reaction to the sand, and she was complaining and wanting to know "how much further" the whole time. Finally, Lee had to forget about finding a "private" place...and just do it! So, he got down on one knee, and the rest is history!!

When they came back to the condo...we were SHOCKED!!! I had no idea!! Of course, Daddy knew (as always).

The ring is beautiful!!

...And so, of course - this being a SMITH vacation and all - we took a group photo!

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

How exciting! I love proposal stories! I think its a great one.