Disney World Day One - Downtown Disney

Monday, June 30, 2008

After checking in and getting settled, we couldn’t wait to start our Disney vacation. So, we freshened up and headed to Downtown Disney. We caught the bus at our bus stop in Aruba .


Mama, Kristin, me, and Russ on the bus

Right as we entered Downtown Disney, we spotted a photo op! Of course! This could be a possible family Christmas card. There were MANY variations of this photo…but I’m only putting one up.

We had a fun afternoon/evening shopping and looking around at all the FUN! Here are a few pictures to give you an idea.

Once Upon a Toy - toy store

Team Mickey - personalizing wooden baseball bats

Pirate of the Caribbean

Rainforest Cafe in the background

A Lego family....Can you find Dustin (the "non-Lego" figure)?

After exploring the area, we had reservations at Raglan Road , an Irish pub in Downtown Disney. It was so much fun!! There was live music, and Irish dancing on a center stage/table area. The food was FABULOUS!! We had a couple of friends in Disney World the same week, so they joined us for supper.

Adam and Becca

One of the Irish dancers

After our first day at Disney World, we met in Mama and Daddy’s room for “orientation” for the week. She went over the schedule for the week and explained our itineraries and money envelopes that were in our welcome baskets. Mama has a plan for EVERYTHING! She presented IN STYLE!!

After “orientation,” we settled in for our last full night’s rest before a busy and crazy week!!!


3 comments:

Roan said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! now you know that I like to plan, and I usually have a detailed itenerary for our vacations.....but don't expect one for Seaside. The plan is for me to relax beside the beach during the day (is that possible?) and cook supper for yall each night!
Can't wait to hear more about Disney!

granmommaandpopjohnson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How much fun! I am jealous. I am in desperate need of a vacation. Your family is so fun! Love all of the hats.

Sarah Sharp said...

What a great trip! Now I KNOW we have to go back and spend a lot of time. We've never been to Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom or MGM. There are so many things you mentioned that I'd love to do. Glad you had a good time!