Beauty...Inside and Out

Monday, June 16, 2008

My sister-in-law recommended a fantastic book by Debi Pearl. Created To Be His Help Meet is a book written under the obedience of Titus 2, where God commands the older women to teach the younger women. This is a book focused on being a "help meet" for your husband. One of the first things I focused on was the "Proverbs 31 Woman."

As I was looking through devotions about this woman, I came across one that gave such a literal analogy. It spoke of how much we, as women, work to take care of our outer beauty. It takes work and time to keep such beauty up. Just as we work for outer beauty, so should we work on our inner beauty. Proverbs 31:30 says, "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman that fears the LORD shall be praised."

One thing about beauty that we all know as women - it's a daily thing. There are many things created for women to keep up our beauty:

1. Cleanser - In order to make ourselves beautiful, we have to first cleanse ourselves of all unwanted impurities. Our cleansing again works through out confession and God's forgiveness. (1 John 1:9)

2. Moisturizer - Having compassion can be a good moisturizer. When we start seeing others and their needs instead of our own it can really soften us up! (Jude 21:22)


3. Wrinkle Cream - If we want to smooth out those wrinkles how about applying a meek and quiet spirit? (1 Peter 3:4)


4. Foundation - We need to start with a good foundation...the Word of God. If we have the Word of God in our hearts the rest of our spiritual make-up can be easily applied. (Psalm 119:11)


5. Eye Make-up - To keep our eyes shining the brightest, we need to guard them from seeing things that are not fitting of a beautiful woman in Christ. (1 Cor. 6:19)


6. Lipstick - To make the face complete, we can't forget our lips. Apply lipstick in the shade of 'Pleasantness' daily for best results. (Proverbs 16:24)


7. Blush - The blush we apply should be God's love radiating through us. (Romans 5:5)


8. Hand Lotion - We don't want our hands to become dry and brittle so we need to apply some generosity and good deeds. (Proverbs 31:31)


9. Foot Therapy - Sometimes when we overlook our feet, they can get callused and rough. So, we need to get them going in the right direction. Take your feet only to the places that Christ would approve. (1Th. 5:22)


I have added the verses for a "Proberbs 31 Woman" in the sidebar of this blog.

1 comment:

Roan said...

Megan, I really enjoyed reading that. Very inspiring! I still love the helpmeet book. I reread it frequently. In fact, I was thinking (before I read your post) that I wanted to blog about honoring your husband... coming soon.