Angel Hair Cole Slaw Salad

Thursday, January 8, 2009

One of the great things about the holidays is the FOOD!! Russ and I were blessed to taste MANY fantastic dishes from our families. Christmas Eve we always eat a family dinner before opening gifts. My mom fixed this Angel Hair Cole Slaw Salad, and it was terrific! I don't really know if that's the official name of it or not! :)

Russ bought a George Foreman grill this week, and he decided we needed to eat healthier. So, he's been grilling steak, chicken, and veggies on it. Tonight, he fixed chicken and grilled some peppers. So, I made the Angel Hair Cole Slaw Salad. Mmmm Mmmm!

Angel Hair Cole Slaw Salad

1 package angel hair cole slaw
3 green onions, chopped
1 package sliced almonds
1 package sunflower seeds
1 package beef Ramen noodles, crushed
flavor packet from the Ramen noodles
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar

Mix cole slaw, green onions, almonds, Ramen noodles, and sunflower seeds in a bowl. Toss several times to ensure the ingredients are completely mixed. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, vinegar, and flavor packet contents. Heat dressing in microwave for a couple of minutes. Pour over the salad, and you are ready to go!

Super easy! Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds delicious! I will have to try it. Love the new background, so bright and cheerful!

Jordan said...

My mom used to make this all the time! It is so yummy!

Sarah Sharp said...

Yummy! I will have to try that soon!