Up the Mountains and Christmasing In Pigeon Forge

Saturday, January 3, 2009

On New Year's Eve, we decided to take a drive up the mountains and get some pictures. It was FREEZING! Gatlinburg was under a wind advisory AND it was a mere 29 degrees! So, you can imagine how hard it was to get everyone out of the car at our stops. Not to mention the fact that Mama and I couldn't even walk due to our hike up the mountain the day before! It was beautiful! It is amazing to actually stop and take notice of God's creation.

Dustin and Lee took a little walk out in the middle of the river.

Russ and I freezing our tails off!

After a morning in the mountains, we were ready for lunch. Again - FOOD! :) Kristin still had some places she wanted to see in Pigeon Forge...and I wanted to go back to the Apple Barn. So, we drove back into Pigeon Forge. We ate and shopped around a little. One of our stops was to the Christmas Place. It's great! Daddy used to always buy Mama one of her Christmas collection pieces here when he came (Dickens Village, Clothtique Santas, etc.). Christmas is my favorite time of year, so I wasn't ready to get rid of it any time soon. I LOVE Christmas stores! Oh! And of course we had to stop for a group photo as soon as we arrived!

The Christmas Place

Our family

...now it's Lee's turn to be a part! Russ took this picture.


post signature

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Great pic of the christmas store!