Movin' On Up!

Saturday, June 27, 2009


Well, it's that time again! Time for lots of teachers to start planning for the upcoming school year. Usually, this is a very organized time for me. However, this year...I'm movin' on up! That's right. After four school years teaching third grade, I have been asked to move up to fourth grade next year. The closer August gets, the more nervous I become. What have I gotten myself into?!

I plan to do some things the same. But, I am looping with MOST of my students from last year (plus an additional 15!) so I'm going to have to change a lot of things too. Completely new back to school activities, new curriculum, new maturity level...which brings new attitudes!

I am excited about trying something new and challenging, but I will feel much better once I get some things on paper and organized.

Anyway...my question is to you! I know many of you are homeschool moms, former teachers, and teachers now. So, I'm asking for ideas. Anything. Small or big. Maybe this will give me a starting point for my stress relief!

post signature

4 comments:

Kristin and Lee said...

Turn on some jams and let them go...that's what your little sister would do...guess that's why I'm still a student..

Susan Smith said...

I like Kristin's idea!
mama

Kirk Family said...

I had a token economy set up with my second graders. It taught them so much, but most importantly it taught them that they were responsible for their choices, good or bad. Call me if you're interested.

The Robbins said...

I like Kristen's idea too and you can give them treats when they're good...like we do for Bella and Farley! LOL