We're Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Yesterday, we celebrated Nonnie's 82nd birthday! My mom headed south for the occasion, and we all met at the nursing home for a par-tay! Woo hoo! I'm not sure if Nonnie really understood what we were there for, but everytime we told her it was her birthday, she would say, "Mmmm...don't even want to talk about that!" I'm guessing she does know that she is old mature in years!

Mama helped her open gifts and read all her cute birthday cards. All of the cards sang or had some music when they opened. Nonnie found this very interesting.

The cutie patootie cake!

Time to cut the cake!

My uncle, aunt, and cousin met us there too with the cake and ice cream. We had a great time visiting.

Uncle Howard, Clancy, and Aunt Patsy

Uncle Howard had to go to work, so he left early. Working nights is no fun! He works for MDOT, so we all honked when we passed him on the interstate on our way home! Ha!

Happy Birthday Nonnie!

The photographer with Nonnie and Pops

Goodnight kiss!

Happy Birthday Nonnie!
post signature

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Ahhh. Wish I could have been there. Happy Birthday, Nonnie....and Susan! Love you, Daddy

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. Too sweet!

Liesa said...

What a sweet post Megan...warmed my heart! God bless your Nonnie!

Unknown said...

I always love your pictures of Nonnie and you grandfather...they are just precious! You can tell she knows who HE is! I gave you an award on my blog!