4 Days Left...

Monday, December 21, 2009

...and so much to do!

After a Sunday lunch at Pepper's, Kristin needed to pick up the beautifully lit trees from the church that Amy and Jeremy used at the reception. Unfortunately for Russ and Lee, they had to be transported in the back of a pickup truck in freezing cold weather! And they could not be left unattended so as branches wouldn't break. Refusing to wear coats, Russ and Lee hopped in the back of the pickup wearing gloves and rode across town holding tight to these trees.

We spent the rest of the afternoon on a trip to Walmart and visiting Maw Maw in the hospital. She is doing fine, by the way. The doctors will run more tests tomorrow.

After church tonight, we joined my parents on their weekly Huddle House post-church fellowship with the Mathis and Green families. While the "mature" adults talked, laughed, and drank coffee...


...we all played on Russ and Lee's iPhones. Thanks to Roan, Russ has become addicted to this Scrabble-like game on his iPhone. You can play with other people. Russ and Roan always have a game going! Well, Russ shared this wonderful news with Lee and they have been playing ever since! They kindly allowed Kristin and I to share our advice during our Huddle House visit.

Hmmm...

I'm looking for words with points!

But when we got home, Kristin pulled out a good old-fashioned game of Scrabble! This is for all of us "non iPhone users."

Kristin and Russ playing in a "Scrabble tournament"


While Kristin and Russ played one round of Scrabble, I worked on some last minute Christmas goodies. I'm sure this is a very popular gift this year thanks to Kelly's Korner! I was just so proud of my little creations and wished that I had more to make one for everyone I knew!


What do you think?


We were all busy little bees tonight as Mama continued her holiday baking! New apron this time!


It's getting closer! Are you ready and enjoying time with family?

post signature

2 comments:

Jimbo and Rach said...

Unfortunately some of are still working...

Anonymous said...

your ornaments are very cute! My mama made some and I bought some clear ornaments for next year! :) I love Kelly's Korner!