Dirty Santa

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Do you feel it? The stress of testing? The anxiety of the students? The restlessness of the teachers? The paperwork for TST? Lesson plans due again? Do you feel it? 'Cause we DO! We're feeling all that and more! So, it was high time for a little teacher down time where we can just relax and be humans. Not teachers. Not miracle workers. Not secretaries. Not mothers. Not nurses. Not referees. Not professionals.

Just friends.

One of the many things I will miss when Russ and I head north toward Memphis way is the friendships made during my four + years at Van Winkle. I would not have stayed past my first couple of days if it weren't for most of them. And, the ones that have come since then are only added blessings.

Every month a group of us gather at one of our homes. We visit, eat, laugh, and get really loud! Ha! I hosted our Christmas get together last night. We were missing a few people, but we partied anyway.

Mrs. Land, Mrs. Taylor, and Mrs. Jierski

Ms. Blaylock, me, Mrs. White, and Ms. Strum

We planned to play Dirty Santa. It was very fun, and it was just a good excuse to have a party.


I drew #1. The first gift I chose was a huge pick for the night. Yes! Spa massage slippers! Mmmmm.... I'm pretty much thinking I'm going to Walmart to pick one up for a Christmas gift!

However, I didn't get to hold it long before Mrs. White snatched it up! FYI - Mrs. Taylor, our pregnant friend, took it right away from Mrs. White. Ha! I chose a new gift - a cutie patootie giraffe computer moniter wipe. I've already used it!

Mrs. Jierski ended up with my gift. I almost bought myself one too! Cute doormat from Target!


What a great night! It's so nice to have relaxing and fun down time to remind us that there IS life after school! Ha! And, the countdown has begun! 9 school days left.

post signature

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey Megan! I bought one of those doormats at Target this weekend, too!
Thanks so much for the Christmas card, very cute!