Russ striking his running poseWhen we arrived at the hotel, everyone was drinking coffee, visiting, and trying to escape their nervousness. I, on the other hand, wasn't nervous at all! Ha!
It was so funny watching everyone gear up to fight the cold on our walk over to Autozone Park. Roan tried to pose like Emily and me!Once everyone drank their morning coffee and bundled up for the 26 degree weather, we all walked over to Autozone Park. Once there, among the other 8,000 half marathon runners, everyone checked their bags and I held whatever wasn't checked. I was happy to do so, because I used it all to keep warm!
I held the leftovers: camera, phones, scarves, pullovers,etc.Everyone did exceptionally well!! Steven finished first with a time of 1:51 (I think), Russ finished right at 2 hours, Roan finished with 2:04, Kelly with 2:09, Lynn finished with 2:17, and Emily came in with 2:20. This was everyone's first half marathon...except Roan of course. I was so proud of everyone! I, however, did not see anyone finish except Roan! So sad! There were SO MANY people! I did happen to capture Russ in a picture as he approached the finish line, and I didn't even know it.
Yay! I'm so proud of him!Jimmy ran the full marathon and finished in 3:46. Amazing! Once again, I could not find him as he finished! I tried. I promise! I felt so bad! But, he did a great job!
All the runners after the race and a change of clothes.Russ and I really had a wonderful time getting to know everyone better and spending time visiting. It's my understanding we will board some runners next year, since we will be living in the Memphis area by then. Fun!
After the race festivities, Russ and I went back to Rachael and Jimbo's to visit. Russ took a shower and we watched the beginning of the SEC championship game before we left for home. Thanks so much for letting us stay with ya'll!
After the race festivities, Russ and I went back to Rachael and Jimbo's to visit. Russ took a shower and we watched the beginning of the SEC championship game before we left for home. Thanks so much for letting us stay with ya'll!
Russ and I arrived in town just in time to catch part of the Corinth Christmas parade. It was such fun visiting with Russ's sister and her family. I haven't been to a Corinth Christmas parade in years! Probably since high school! We enjoyed it very much!
Russ, Will, Elle, Jenny, and Grace after the paradeTo top off such a wonderfully winter day, I crawled in bed and opened a few early birthday presents from Jimmy and Roan and their family. So FUN! I LOVE presents! It really doesn't have to be much. Just putting wrapping paper and ribbon on anything and I get all giddy. Ha!
We had a wonderful weekend! It's beginning to look and feel a lot more like Christmas every time I visit "home."












3 comments:
Thanks again!
I have been meaning to tell you that I love your Christmas header. So cute!
Enjoyed meeting you guys, even though I feel like I already know you through your blog. Congrats to Russ on his great time. Maybe you, Megan, will join us one day in our truly insane pursuits.
Congrats to all Johnson runners! Megan, I love the back of your shirt most of all!!!
Mama
Post a Comment