Johnson Christmas Party

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Each year on Christmas Eve, Russ's grandmother would host the entire Johnson family for a Christmas gathering and gift exchange. Russ's family has grown so large (15+ grandchildren and even MORE great grandchildren) and his grandmother has gotten a little older, so that tradition retired. Jimmy and Roan continued this tradition by hosting a Christmas party for the Johnson family, extended relatives, and some family friends a week before Christmas. We had a great time this year visiting with Johnson family members! Everyone brought an appetizer or dessert, and we just enjoyed being together. There were people everywhere, so I know I don't have pictures of everyone. Sorry!

Roan, Season, me, and Stacee

Stacee and Mark's children - John Mark and Mary Kate

Russ, Jimmy, and Mark

Sam and Julie (Olivia was upstairs sick, so she missed the party.)

Season, Sam, Emily, and me

Emma, Grace, and Leah

Stephanie and Ryan

Annalise, Lana Kate, Joey, and Sam

Russ's Aunt Sherry and his mom

It didn't take long for all the Johnsons with iPhones began the addictive game of Words with Friends. So, several of us (I do not have an iPhone, but I sat there anyway!) sat around the kitchen table playing Scrabble with each other on the iPhones.

Roan started this whole thing, I think!

Stacee

Holly winding down with her twins - Emma and Will

We had a great time with our family! Thanks to Jimmy and Roan for always being such gracious hosts!

post signature

2 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

Everything looked so pretty!

So...everyone can hook up with each other via their iphones and play games? Interesting!

Unknown said...

Looks like y'all had fun! I love big family gatherings. That picture of Leah is so cute...she looks like she just laughing!