
Our first Christmas together, I bought this tree from QVC. I have gotten more compliments on it over the last four years. Although it's beginning to fall apart...and that was before Russ fell on it a few weeks ago, I love it! It's a modest size because we lived in an apartment during our first Christmas, and it fit perfectly.

One of my favorite things about owning a home during the holidays is the mantle decorations! I ordered our stockings before we were married from Pottery Barn, and Farley's cute little stocking came from Steinmart. Who doesn't love that place? I decorated the garland with ornaments and wove ribbon through it. When lit up, it looks just lovely (I think it does, anyway!). I found those cute arrangements at Michael's a couple of years ago to top it off.

This cute little stool was a gift from my grandmother a couple of years ago. She pictured a little great grandchild sitting here. Sweet heirloom now!

Carolers sit atop our piano each year. My parents have collected this series for as long as I can remember. So, it is so special to have a collection (borrowed from my grandmother) in my home.

Little touch in the wet bar.

I love to sit in our living room during the holidays with nothing but the Christmas lights and an ABC Family movie. Just warms my heart!
Of course, our home is not very big...but I do put a few touches here and there.

This cute Santa has been around a while! He sits in a little doll high chair from my grandmother. We used to play with it when we were little. I can't wait to have a little one to play dolls with this chair.

Russ's sister made this ornament last year. It hangs on our guest bedroom door, which is one of our three front doors.

I love the glass dish displayed in our dining room. Russ's sister gave me that last year at Christmas. The Dr. Santa was a gift from my sister and brother to Russ. My brother was astounded at the gift! (apparently he wasn't aware of exactly what it was he gave!) He made it clear that we were NEVER to give him such a gift as this! Ha!

I fell in love with the Christmas dishes when I registered for our wedding. I received many for Christmas and my birthday throughout the years. I think the salad plate collection is discontinued now. But, the Vietri is certainly still around. Those are year round pieces.

Russ gave me this great piece of pottery last year for one of the "12 Days of Christmas!" He bought it from my friend's giftshop in Hernando. Of course, we all need Paula Deen's Christmas recipes!

Mr. Santa himself sits on the windowsill above my kitchen sink. This came from my grandmother's house as well. I love having such special pieces passed down through the family!

Nice touch on our kitchen door going out to the garage.

And, I love this cutie patootie plate Russ's sister made for our little family. Notice that she left a little blank ornament...room to grow.

The always popular angels adorning our kitchen table. These were great finds from Steinmart a couple of years ago.

Well, thanks for stopping by!

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!
9 comments:
Your home is beautiful!! EVerything is gorgeous! You have done a wonderful job! Merry Christmas!
You've rearranged and I love it! I wish so bad you would come to Oxford and show me how to decorate my house. I'm jealous. Miss you roommie!!
Everything is just beautiful, I especially like your tree and red dishes. Great job!
Merry Christmas!
Your home looks gorgeous! You have great taste!
So pretty! I especially love the pieces handed down... they're always the best! Hoping you have a wonderful Christmas!
How pretty! You do a great job of decorating! All the colors are so beautiful! Great job!
Your home is beautiful! I love how each thing you decorated with has its own story.
i miss yall!!! wish we could hang out more..BUT WE WILL when yall move!!!! LOVE YOU
Very pretty, you did a wonderful job! I do love your Christmas tree its gorgeous!
Post a Comment